Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Niceee...in for dyno results after headers n 4 inch exhaust
Old 02-17-2012, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It'll prolly be in the next week or two.

I'll prolly finish painting and laying floors before I install them.

Plus i'm around 27K miles, so i'm going to get my truck flashed to stock so i can take to the dealer and get some minor things checked out before I hit 30K miles.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:25 AM
TECH Veteran

I definitely want to hear your truck after the Aero Turbine. I really debated going with the Aero Turbine 3030 on mine.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was going to get the AT4040, but since i'll have no cat's i figured the resonator would help mellow it out some. I'm excited to see how it will sound!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:17 PM
TECH Veteran

There is a sound clip on youtube of a guy with an aero 3030 on a stock 5.3 liter and it sounds amazing. Yeah with no cats the XL is definitely the way to go, I still be it'll be louder than hell at WOT, just hopefully inside the cab will be toned down.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by L33Z71
There is a sound clip on youtube of a guy with an aero 3030 on a stock 5.3 liter and it sounds amazing. Yeah with no cats the XL is definitely the way to go, I still be it'll be louder than hell at WOT, just hopefully inside the cab will be toned down.
I have a feeling it's going to be louder than hell! But I'm installing floors right now and bought about 60sqft extra acoustical underlayment that I was going to try putting some along the floors and back of the cab. I bought they're top dollar stuff so hopefully it'll work good in my truck too.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

I have a dual in single out flowmaster and even though its probably the most common muffler I do like the way it sounds. Its hard to get a good sound out of a chevy IMO, but I plan on doing a front mount turbo in the future and Ill worry about a "better" exhaust when I cross that bridge
Old 02-17-2012, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SampsonSimpsonZ
I have a dual in single out flowmaster and even though its probably the most common muffler I do like the way it sounds. Its hard to get a good sound out of a chevy IMO, but I plan on doing a front mount turbo in the future and Ill worry about a "better" exhaust when I cross that bridge
There is nothing like a chevy w/ cam and exhaust nothing sounds better well that's my opinion, as for flowmaster mufflers they rob air flow not the best design car craft magazine did a dyno test with 8 different mufflers and flowmaster was the worst don't get me wrong they sound great but not the best performance muffler
Old 02-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

There is nothing like a chevy w/ cam and exhaust nothing sounds better well that's my opinion, as for flowmaster mufflers they rob air flow not the best design car craft magazine did a dyno test with 8 different mufflers and flowmaster was the worst don't get me wrong they sound great but not the best performance muffler
Good to know. I originally wanted some Magna's, but Im still learning about turbo set-ups and I didnt want to buy something I would have to take off when the time came. Plus when I bought the truck they had (2) Flowmaster 10 series race mufflers. The only way I can describe the sound is, it was the definition of "redneck" haha and I live out in the boonies.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SampsonSimpsonZ
Good to know. I originally wanted some Magna's, but Im still learning about turbo set-ups and I didnt want to buy something I would have to take off when the time came. Plus when I bought the truck they had (2) Flowmaster 10 series race mufflers. The only way I can describe the sound is, it was the definition of "redneck" haha and I live out in the boonies.
If u do a turbo I would recommend 4" single exhaust, that's what I'm running with my turbo setup

Quick Reply: exhaust question for you guys.