Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Diablo Predator

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1FREEK
I have a diablo predator for my charger r/t and it made 1 car length in a race and 1 tenth at the track. Diablo is definitely the best tuner for the chrysler cars but it didn't do much on mine. I use the same tuning software on my truck that a couple of custom tuners use on this site and i love it! It kicks the crap out of a handheld any day of the week. If i didn't have the software myself, i'd def get a custom tune from one of our sponsers (along the right side of the page). BlackBear is my personal favorite but all of them are good.
Finally, a real answer not just a bunch of sh*it talking.I got my predator for 150.00 bucks so I guess I cant complain.I didnt know the Predators dont do much for the GM stuff.On your Charger did u turn MDS off and increase shift firmness,thats where I noticed the most gain.Im also gonna change fan settings since i have a 180 tstat in it.Thanks for the info,I might just wait till my warranty is out and change to a 6.0.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

im sure one of these tuners are in socal.. if not, then very close i bet.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:15 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane B
Finally, a real answer not just a bunch of sh*it talking.I got my predator for 150.00 bucks so I guess I cant complain.I didnt know the Predators dont do much for the GM stuff.On your Charger did u turn MDS off and increase shift firmness,thats where I noticed the most gain.Im also gonna change fan settings since i have a 180 tstat in it.Thanks for the info,I might just wait till my warranty is out and change to a 6.0.
Yup, I did both of those. My car runs real healthy stock tho... I've beat every 5.7 Hemi powered car I've raced when it was stock. You will love the 6.0 in your truck! I had a 2000 with a 6.0 for a little while but now i'm back to the 5.3... I cant seem to forget the way that 6.0 ran tho, I miss it! lol I cant wait to put one in my '06
Old 03-30-2010, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

After I do the 6 liter swap,Ive also got a 92 camaro RS that my 4.8 liter can go into.Oh big plans and little money!
Old 03-30-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Just a little info for ya Ive seen a predator loose 2 hp over the stock tune on a gm truck.. A custom dyno tune is the best way to go.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:23 AM
On The Tree

Guess I will forget about the pred then.Thanks for the info everybody.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shane B
Didnt know this was a pissing contest on Diablo,but I promise u my mag will smoke your truck.Anyways Daryn C im in So Cal
Just curious as to why yer loggin name is Shane B if yer Daryn C ? lol

and careful who ya call out on here , some of these would walked by that mag like it wasnt even running

last but not least, welcome man and like everyone said, tune is the only way to go.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:57 AM
On The Tree

My name is Shane,I was just letting daryn c know where im located,he asked in an earlier post.sorry for the confusion.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by heavy chevy boy
^

those predators do just as well as a tornando. hey while your at it, throw in a tb spacer, then it will whistle. might make a ricer think twice before racing you

or you can get a REAL TUNE
You really believe that? I tell you what, you should buy a tornando and race someone who can add 30% timing across his tune, make sure you put some money on the race to.

With the Diablo you can monitor knock, add timing, and play with fuel.

Or your right, you can pay someone to send you something and have a "real tune".

To each there own, a diablo in "my opinion" is useful if you care to adjust your own tune and of course know what your doing. If you can find one used, I would say go for it.

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
Just a little info for ya Ive seen a predator loose 2 hp over the stock tune on a gm truck.. A custom dyno tune is the best way to go.

My truck on the Diablo tune knocked on the dyno resulting in timing being pulled, this was logged with the included software. The long pull of a load dyno was to much, pulled timing, lost power. However, on the streets the truck never knocked. I also had logs of 30-90mph pulls, from 3rd gear (5speed truck) where the tune dropped the truck from 8.9 stock, to 8.2 with tune. This was just the flash, not actually tuning it further from there. With that being said, mine worked as advertised.

Last edited by foose04; 03-31-2010 at 04:37 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by foose04

My truck on the Diablo tune knocked on the dyno resulting in timing being pulled, this was logged with the included software. The long pull of a load dyno was to much, pulled timing, lost power. However, on the streets the truck never knocked. I also had logs of 30-90mph pulls, from 3rd gear (5speed truck) where the tune dropped the truck from 8.9 stock, to 8.2 with tune. This was just the flash, not actually tuning it further from there. With that being said, mine worked as advertised.
Im just going by a dip **** that wanted his truck on the dyno, we told him to let me tune it and not to go buy that handheld, he said the diablo was better. I dont know any tuning aspects of the diablo and i really dont care as we had efi live to tune with.

Quick Reply: Diablo Predator