Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

The coolest load ever hauled!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is what you do, buy a regular vette and swap that in, put some zr-1 badges on it, sell it, unlimited funds for your truck haha.

good pickup though, you should be able to turn a profit on that no doubt.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy **** an LT5! The ZR-1 engine of legend! That's amazing! I dreamed of finding one of those with a trans back when I still had my LT1 Z28 but I never thought there were cheap crate ones out there. Great find!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And the 405-horse version to boot. How cool. They were like the C5 Z06... in 1993
Old 05-24-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep

I have a pic of me when i was 6 standing with my hands on a ZR1 engine at a car show.. I had to have one then and now i do..

The engine block has never been stamped with a VIN for a car, just the engine id numbers..

So yeah, it is uninstalled, un molested, and UP FOR SALE LOL
Old 05-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Definitely sell that thing, it's probably worth quite a bit and there are lots of wealthy guys out there that would jump on that thing quick.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:51 PM
cam
TECH Addict

Nice score! Mercury marine built those engines iirc it went something like this;

Mercury marine won the contract to design and build the engine ( and there may have been Lotus tech in there too I think ) Then before it launched even though they really didnt have a green light to do it the GM engineers got pissed and used back door budgets in off brands ( olds, Pontiac, Bucik etc. ) to secretly build the LT1 so to speak. This proved to save the small block AND their jobs as the LT1 performed so well and considering the double sticker price of the ZR1 most people just didnt feel it was worth that much more coin for 75 ponies so they tried to oomf it up with the 405 but it was too late they were not selling and LT1 sales were flying. Now if the Vette had stayed TPI? Good lord they would have sold ten times as many of those ZR1's
Old 05-24-2011, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most people quit buying the zr1 due to the fact that when it came out in 90 the body was different than other bodies, the whole thing was wider, the rear taillight panel was different than the current round light cars, and then in 91 they all looked the same, only anyone who really looked could tell a diff..

Lotus did all the design work in england and had 3 or 4 cars there that they shoehorned experimental engines into.. two were scrapped (one of them made it back to the states, was restored somehow, and is sitting in the corvette museum at mid america corvettes in illinois) and two more were sent back to GM for them to test.. The university i went to in illinois had one of them when i got there, the engine still said lotus on it and the VIN was X4..

It had 4 dead injectors though and GM told the university to destroy it so they literally smashed it with a backhoe and cut it into pieces and scrapped..

Old 05-24-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ig109
Most people quit buying the zr1 due to the fact that when it came out in 90 the body was different than other bodies, the whole thing was wider, the rear taillight panel was different than the current round light cars, and then in 91 they all looked the same, only anyone who really looked could tell a diff..

Lotus did all the design work in england and had 3 or 4 cars there that they shoehorned experimental engines into.. two were scrapped (one of them made it back to the states, was restored somehow, and is sitting in the corvette museum at mid america corvettes in illinois) and two more were sent back to GM for them to test.. The university i went to in illinois had one of them when i got there, the engine still said lotus on it and the VIN was X4..

It had 4 dead injectors though and GM told the university to destroy it so they literally smashed it with a backhoe and cut it into pieces and scrapped..

Old 05-24-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

So um... Have you dry humped it yet??

no seriously have you?

If not can I?
Old 05-24-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
So um... Have you dry humped it yet??

no seriously have you?

If not can I?

Quick Reply: The coolest load ever hauled!!!!