Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Bought the Vmax

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 08:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought the Vmax

Couldn't find a Vmax sierra w/n 2k miles with my options. Ended up going with a Silverado. Its in Dallas, Im in Houston. Barring any dealer trade issues, I should pick it up Tuesday. Has every option I wanted except power folding mirrors. Anyone know if you can add those yourself to a crew cab?

Immediate mods so far:
20s - Thinking factory right now, but may go aftermarket
body color door handles
body colored mirror caps
tint
HP tuners as soon as she is broken in
Old 11-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SilverSierra
Couldn't find a Vmax sierra w/n 2k miles with my options. Ended up going with a Silverado. Its in Dallas, Im in Houston. Barring any dealer trade issues, I should pick it up Tuesday. Has every option I wanted except power folding mirrors. Anyone know if you can add those yourself to a crew cab?

Immediate mods so far:
20s - Thinking factory right now, but may go aftermarket
body color door handles
body colored mirror caps
tint
HP tuners as soon as she is broken in
Congrat on the new ride.

I had HPT logging on the way home from the dealership. I couldn't stand the amount of TM that it had. It would fall on its face between shifts. So, half way home, TM was turned off.

I picked mine up near Cincinnati and drove back to Louisville (3 hour drive).
Old 11-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

LOL, did the dealership wonder why you showed up to pick up the new truck with a laptop in hand?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by h20junkie
LOL, did the dealership wonder why you showed up to pick up the new truck with a laptop in hand?
Had it in a back pack

We were actually using microsoft streets and trips to get there and to find a place to drop off the rental truck though.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

Thats awesome, Im sure I will tear into it this weekend.....assuming I get the truck. I fully expected to hear by now whether or not the dealers had agreed to swap trucks (truck I want is in Dallas), but the salesman called and said no news.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Damn! I thought you had it...keep us posted
Old 11-20-2007, 07:30 AM
TECH Resident

I made a deal contingent on them trading a Dallas dealer for 1 of 2 trucks that had the options I wanted. I spoke with the salesman yesterday and he had heard nothing. We worked the deal with the rebates available last Sat and they are now 500 less. Wonder if they catch it? I'm not going to mention it......
Old 11-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

so any word today on what going on...
Old 11-21-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Resident

Still waiting. I spoke to my salesman around 11am, he said they were on their way to Dallas to get the truck, yet he didn't know who went, where they were, or what time they left. He also seemed to think Houston-Frisco took 3 hours (4.5 hour average). He is supposed to call me when it gets here. Im hoping its late because I really don't want to start my holiday weekend off with 3 hours of crap at the dealer. And they did drive it 300 miles, I want to check it over in the daylight make sure its good to go and free of windshield chips before I sign for it.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

yeah i hate the dealer crap...when i got my truck i was there for 45 min i didnt BS around... i even told the salemen to tell the finance guy not to try and sell me any add ons or i will walk out of here...my brother is a salesman so i took him with me to play hard ball..when you get there ask what the holdback is on this truck...when i ask the sales almost fell out of his chair

Quick Reply: Bought the Vmax