Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Adding pwr fold signal mirrors 08 gmc

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Exact same process must replace bcm with uplevel and follow the directions to the T or it will not work correctly and the rear windows on the truck will not work correctly. Major PITA
Old 05-04-2013, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

01WS6/tamu I have a 2007 classic Silverado LT with the power folding mirrors and want to install a set of the power extending mirrors from a 2004 LT. The mirrors will extend, but will not retract. What is necessary to make them retract also?
Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Probably need to reflash the drivers and passenger door modules for correct option code for power extend haven't ever messed with power extend towing mirrors. Only DL3 signal/power fold.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:00 PM

When they flash the modules, do they just hook into the OBD2 port with a tech 2? I have custom programming for my ECM and want to make sure that it doesn't effect that.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:54 AM
TECH Veteran

As long as they do not reflash the pcm the act of programming other modules in the truck will not effect your custom tune in the pcm.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:30 PM

Ok, Thank you. Do they just use a Tech II?
Old 09-06-2013, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Couple questions... I have a 2012 GMC Sierra. Since the harnesses that plug into the bottom of the window switch are different from the window switch that has the power folding mirror (pic below) I need the different harnesses that are for a databus wired truck... correct? Will these harness just need to run from the BCM and to each new switch? (I already have the driver but I will need the passenger too if I am reading correctly...)
Also, if using a Tech II scan tool do I still need a vin from a different truck with the power folding mirrors optioned from the factory?
What exactly will need to be reflashed aside from the DL3 mirrors (radio? BCM? rear back up assist?) Thanks again and this is a great and extremely helpful write up you have done.
Keith Bishop

Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 AM
On The Tree

what is involved on swapping the harnesses from the BCM to the doors? Do I just need the 2 harnesses? THanks
Old 09-10-2013, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu

Changed all of those parts. Then I reflashed the BCM, DDM, and PDM to the VIN of a truck that had DL3 option. You then have to reflash the radio also because it is VIN locked to the truck and will lock up with the bcm reflash. If you have XM radio the XM will lock out. There is no way to relearn it you must replace the XM receiver with a new never programed receiver. The new xm module will then learn the vin of the truck with the DL3 option once it is installed and the new receiver setup procedure is done using the tech 2 under the special functions menu. Once the bcm is flashed you have to go to special functions in the bcm and select SDM relearn so the airbag will function. EDIT IF your truck has rear park assist this module must also be replaced with a brand new never programmed module because it is VIN locked to the BCM just like the XM module for god know what friggin reason.
Really need to know if using a Tech II scan tool if I still need a donor vin and if the XM being locked out would be relavent... (Im thinking with the Tech II all one has to do is navigate to the corresponding item and turn it on(?) yes? no? )

Thanks so much

Keith
Old 12-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Teching In

bit of a newb question here.. before i can try to understand what to do, can someone please breakdown what all these abrreviations/codes are

DL3
DL8
techII
and all the other stuff mentioned..

I have an 07 LT and just pick up a set of power fold,signal and i think heat aswell.. along with the harnesses..

My truck has power mirrors with the switches in picture two with the silver panel.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Quick Reply: Adding pwr fold signal mirrors 08 gmc