PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/)
-   -   Using a TCM-2650 (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-800-older-gm-general-discussion-130/using-tcm-2650-a-559049/)

firebladeJJ 11-01-2021 08:55 AM

Using a TCM-2650

Has anyone on HERE successfully used the controller in the title to swap in a 6l80? I have questions.
I'm toying with the idea of ditching the T56 swap for the 6l80. I like having 6 speeds in the truck, i also like rowing the gears too but it seems I'm always running into issues with the t56 or some component and I drive the truck daily.

tjmath 11-01-2021 10:56 AM

@arthursc2 has been working on doing a 6L80 swap for a while... not sure he has actually gotten anywhere yet since he has eleventy billion other projects at the same time.

shakenfake 11-01-2021 11:03 AM

Someone needs to go down there and just stand there with a gun and force arthur to finish. The 6L80 swap would be tits

firebladeJJ 11-01-2021 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by tjmath (Post 5503886)
@arthursc2 has been working on doing a 6L80 swap for a while... not sure he has actually gotten anywhere yet since he has eleventy billion other projects at the same time.

thats who it was, i couldnt remember some on here was in the process of doing it. Maybe he'll chime in later.

firebladeJJ 11-01-2021 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by shakenfake (Post 5503888)
Someone needs to go down there and just stand there with a gun and force arthur to finish. The 6L80 swap would be tits

I may just start collecting parts now, I dont have many projects right now, just kids, thats just as bad.

arthursc2 11-01-2021 12:11 PM

Y'all some haters 😂😂

I have the trans and controller and documentation. I can scan the documents/ wiring diagram in if you'd like

I remember Jim saying the TCM needs TPS/RPM inputs and it has its own OBD port to tune it. HPT can tune it

Also Jim ships it with a base calibration to make it drivable

Stock LS 4L60 flex plate is reused and you need a 32spline t case

Although I guess you're 2wd

I'll around to it. I have some hang ups because I like doing things 1x only. So I started thinking about a new motor, integrating my solid swap into the trans cross member and redoing the interior since I have another controller and wiring to hide

since the 4L60 still works, I'm just pushing it off as far as possible

firebladeJJ 11-01-2021 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by arthursc2 (Post 5503892)
Y'all some haters 😂😂

I have the trans and controller and documentation. I can scan the documents/ wiring diagram in if you'd like

I remember Jim saying the TCM needs TPS/RPM inputs and it has its own OBD port to tune it. HPT can tune it

Also Jim ships it with a base calibration to make it drivable

Stock LS 4L60 flex plate is reused and you need a 32spline t case

Although I guess you're 2wd

I'll around to it. I have some hang ups because I like doing things 1x only. So I started thinking about a new motor, integrating my solid swap into the trans cross member and redoing the interior since I have another controller and wiring to hide

since the 4L60 still works, I'm just pushing it off as far as possible

Sorry they are picking on you but if you're going to do great things, you can expect it! LOL

Yes, when you have time, if you could send any documentation my way, I'm not in a huge hurry to do this. It will probably take me a year to collect parts.
I'll take a look at the wiring and stuff, that will probably answer most of my questions.

And yes my truck is 2wd.

Thank you!

arthursc2 11-01-2021 01:31 PM

I too also take years to get anything done lmao

tjmath 11-01-2021 04:07 PM

Anything except reply to posts :jest:

arthursc2 11-01-2021 04:19 PM

You know man, sometimes I'm bored lmao