Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

talk about stroken each other off ,look at the Dodge boys

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 08:16 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: talk about stroken each other off ,look at the Dodge boys

The Hemi is a joke.I wonder how the Dodge boys would feel about getting stomped by my Dmax crewcab.14.88@90.31 mph. :p
Old 09-09-2003, 09:42 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

the ones i've seen at hrp in august ran 15.55 i seen his slip and that was a reg cab with 3:55 gears and 17" wheels i know the 5.9 4door truck best run of night abot 11:00 at night and truck sitting there for 3 hours ran 16.8 so neither of them impress me at all
Old 09-10-2003, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VORTEC POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Every Hemi I've "played" with I've beaten....and I've "excercised" my engine against 8 or 10 of them in Las Vegas....it's a good looking truck and it might kill a stock SS...but I can kill a stock SS too (unfortunatly the AWD in the SS hurts the striaght line performance....it sucks ALOT of power)

I just don't think Dodge had the formula perfect when they built the HEMI

as for the "my buddy took down an SS as well... said the only thing that has beaten him was the Lightning" comment.........I guess he hasn't raced any of us then has he !!!!!

I am not sure where you run your times at, but 15.32@91 is right there with my SS's stock time (with only 950 miles on the odometer). Are you running at a hot and/or high altitude track? Anyway, the Hemi is not as fast as an SS, no "maybe" about it. Of course, I am not stock anymore, I am not as interested in the stock to stock comparison.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

Is there anything "Hemi" about the new Hemi? Bank in teh day it was the shape of the heads. Does this hold true for the new engine.

Or is it a marketing scheme to bring all the mullets out of the wood work to buy a new truck?

I raced a 3/4 Hemi on the highway from a 50 mph roll. I went ahead and stayed ahead till I shut it down at 100.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

they are supposed to have the hemi design heads, they also have 2 spark plugs per cylinder. but ive heard that the head design isnt a true hemi design like the old style ones
Old 09-10-2003, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

I read in Hot Rod (I think) that Dodge has put in a MAF limit in the PCM. If you try to mod the hemi and hit the air flow limit it will pull timing and fuel!!! Stupid. Mods are all about air flow increases. I guess thats why Kenne Bell has delayed their blower for the hemi for months now.
I guess if you can't mod your truck all you have left is stroking yourself and friends on a board
Old 09-10-2003, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Personally I dont care how fast the hemi is. Has anyone checked out its interior? It looks like a minivan or rental car inside!

I dont think there is one truck on the market, including the new up and coming F150 or Nissan Titan that can match the GM/Chevy full size interiors. The quality, feel, comfort and style is unmatched. Every time I get in my truck I always appreciate the plush and styled interior. Its more like a luxury vehicle than some boring truck or mini van.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Personally I dont care how fast the hemi is. Has anyone checked out its interior? It looks like a minivan or rental car inside!

I dont think there is one truck on the market, including the new up and coming F150 or Nissan Titan that can match the GM/Chevy full size interiors. The quality, feel, comfort and style is unmatched. Every time I get in my truck I always appreciate the plush and styled interior. Its more like a luxury vehicle than some boring truck or mini van.
helll yeaah
Old 09-10-2003, 11:06 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

had to sign up overthere and give them a little reading material. I wasnt sure if a RCSB hemi would beat a SS I gave them the benefit of the doubt...

http://www.dodgetruckworld.com/forum...c.ten?id=60790

Quick Reply: talk about stroken each other off ,look at the Dodge boys