GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Tailgate cable recall -venting-

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 10:35 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
This is something that really burns my *** too! Its the American citizens that are being replaced by chinese workers by our greedy corporate managers. you know the guys....upper management farts who really do nothing but collect a huge pay check and live in 6000 square foot houses with a trophy wife and 2.3 children, the look at me I'm rich crowd. Its all about getting the money NOW, not saving investing and working hard. Whats really sad is that the Japanese are doing the same crap, they may have a little more control over quality when outsourcing to China because they don't have to cross an ocean to check up on things. The misconception is that we are the only ones outsourcing to China, everyone is doing it. I work in manufacturing and the last 4-5 years have been hell!! In ten years we will have polluted China's lands so badly because of laxxed environmental laws we will be paying to clean up that mess too. DON"T BUY CRAP FROM CHINA, we are all guilty of this to some extent but if you can...buy American!!
There I feel better.
Well you just made those "greedy corporate manager" richer by buying your truck. The squeeky wheel gets the oil...everyone complain, stop buying their cheaply made trucks...and over time, when their sales go down, they will do something.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chingon
Well you just made those "greedy corporate manager" richer by buying your truck. The squeeky wheel gets the oil...everyone complain, stop buying their cheaply made trucks...and over time, when their sales go down, they will do something.
If they produced a vehicle that was really made here from raw material to finished product I would want to buy it, the only problem would be it cost $75,000 for a $25,000 vehicle because of all the union protection for basically retarded employees making $25.00+ an hour (some have brains too), special interest groups greasing of politicians to make laws that help certain people, this is way too complex to bitch about and also stop. It would work if we all stopped buying things not made here but then you would not have anything!!! A little competition is great but explotation of a basically third world country for slave labor only get a few people rich and a whole lot more out of a job. Just a losing argument if you boil it down to its beginnings.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, I thought I read on here a while back about some guy making/selling stainless cables. Anybody remember who or where he was at?
Old 02-15-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

I'd like to know for sure if there is some guy making stainless cables. Mine are sticking out between the tailgate and the taillight housing now.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Ok, I found it in a thread on here finally using the search. The company is called VR Straps and the website is supposedly www.vrstraps.com but, it doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Anyone know if this company has a new site or a phone number?

Thanks
Old 02-15-2005, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
If they produced a vehicle that was really made here from raw material to finished product I would want to buy it, the only problem would be it cost $75,000 for a $25,000 vehicle because of all the union protection for basically retarded employees making $25.00+ an hour (some have brains too), special interest groups greasing of politicians to make laws that help certain people, this is way too complex to bitch about and also stop. It would work if we all stopped buying things not made here but then you would not have anything!!! A little competition is great but explotation of a basically third world country for slave labor only get a few people rich and a whole lot more out of a job. Just a losing argument if you boil it down to its beginnings.
I couldnt agree more. The way the govt has corp bus. regulated, it is too profitable for companies to be US based and outsource their workforce.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Talking

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Ok, I found it in a thread on here finally using the search. The company is called VR Straps and the website is supposedly www.vrstraps.com but, it doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Anyone know if this company has a new site or a phone number?

Thanks
Old 02-16-2005, 06:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Finally got mine replaced last week and .....MADE IN CHINA sticker on them????!!!! I guess the dealership does not understand that if we really wanted to know where the cables were made we would probably ask. I know allot of this stuff is made overseas but at this point the frustration has let to utter disbeleif in the stupidity of GM not telling them to remove the stickers. I will send GM a WTF message on this for sure. I don't think it will do any good but I'm doing it anyway!!! I wonder where the motor, trans, brakes and all other major components are machined and assembled?? Anyone have any idea? I care about the assembly but the actual machining is what I want to know about.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow I laughed when I got this.. I thought it was a joke recall on tail gate cables? I guess my letter got lost in the mail cause I just got it yesterday... lmao
Old 05-02-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just got one a few days ago...Bought the truck 6 months ago with the passenger cable busted.....Bought new cables about 2 months ago and the passneger side is longer and these cables are the ones they are putting on the recalls. So I was like the hell with it im not takin it in for the recall.

Quick Reply: Tailgate cable recall -venting-