Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Steering clunk info?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Droped my truck off this morning for the wheel clunking and they replaced my steering shaft this morning. 3 hrs later i got my truck back. Im glad they had a new shaft in stock.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:23 AM
Teching In

Hmmmm. Guess I'll talk to the dealership about a clunking noise on my truck when I take it in for the speedometer that works when it wants to work issue I have. Glad I got that extended warranty.
Ya never know what's gonna happen. -Matt-
Old 01-07-2006, 02:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

has anyone bought the borgeson ones? thought about buying one instead only like $20 more
Old 01-14-2006, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
I just don't understand what GM is doing on this????
If there is a replecement part that fixes the issue ,then why build brand new 05-06 trucks with the crappy old shaft??
Is it a roll of the dice for money thing they are doing?
Are these junk shafts coming from China at such a great price they can't pass it up?
I have asked my dealer about it becoming a re-call item and they say "not that we know of".
This is coming from insiders I know there so I don't think they would BS me.
Just really makes me wonder about a company that can produce some of the best engines in the world and still cheap out on basic components, especially ones that steer your vehicle.
I'll always buy GM but it just makes me think I have to investigate everything about the vehicle before buying it.
That's called lack of trust.

GM, if you see this please fix your issues to keep your customers!!!!
I couldn't have said it better myself!!

To bring up an old thread... my '05 HD has started showing signs of this problem which really gets under my skin because my '03 did the same thing . I very seriously doubt that my next vehicle will be a GM because of crap like this.... they need to use their engineers to fix problems like this instead of worrying about body designing. No wonder they are in financial trouble, they pay assembly workers to build the vehicles with parts known to have "issues" and then pay for a dealership to fix it (parts and labor). Great thinking GM!!

Does anyone have more information on the Borgeson unit?
Old 01-23-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

just fyi, my '05 with a lil over 10k on the clock is now starting to have problems with the "shudder" This time I dont have aftermarket on my truck except for 2" drop shackles and an intake, so I'd like to see them try and give me **** this time. Seems like the past 3-4 times Ive had to take a vehicle in for service they try to give me **** about having aftermarket parts on my truck but they fix it anyway. What is bullshit is that the GMC place by my job doesnt give out loaner cars. That really pisses me off because it's not the consumer's fault that they have a problem in the manufacturing.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by curlyws6
I very seriously doubt that my next vehicle will be a GM because of crap like this....
Old 01-23-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm about ready to replace mine for the third time.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys will love this. As of Jan. 20th, 2006 new bulliten released to reinstate lubricating the steering shaft instead of replacing it
Old 01-23-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ranwalk
You guys will love this. As of Jan. 20th, 2006 new bulliten released to reinstate lubricating the steering shaft instead of replacing it
muthafucka!
Old 01-23-2006, 03:33 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad I didn't spring for the new shaft...I kinda had a feeling. Knock on wood, my last lube procedure has lasted 2 years so far. I figure when I go to install the SW LT's I'll do it again since I'll have the shaft out anyway.

Quick Reply: Steering clunk info?