Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Oil consumption fix?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

They are just so cheap, doesn't make sense to not buy one for how much they sell for. Flows better than the NBS intake, can gain power throughout the powerband and you don't have to shell out $1,000 to get it.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FFDP
They are just so cheap, doesn't make sense to not buy one for how much they sell for. Flows better than the NBS intake, can gain power throughout the powerband and you don't have to shell out $1,000 to get it.
I would totally agree if I had paid full boat for the intake. There are way to many modifications for this thing to fit that it is not worth the time or money after it is all said and done, if you add it all together because I bought one new and after you buy the intake for $1000, Fuel rail adapter kit $100, throttle body adapter $100, Vacuum lines and misc parts $75 fuel injector adapters and o rings $100. Then you have to drill and cut on a brand new $1000 intake to fit your vehicle, make brackets for the drive by cable throttle body, cut you alternator bracket to fit the steam pipe behind it, adapt you vacuum lines to fit in different places and hope you don't crack the shell in the process, but that was definitely not the case.

I got a smoking deal from a guy that was selling his truck and wanted a stock intake so I traded my stock intake with rails and injectors for his with rails adapters injectors and all the work already done for $500. I had to build brackets for the cable bracket and cut the alternator bracket on mine, because his was drive by wire. If I were to do another intake I would do the tbss intake hands down, and with the extra savings I would send it and get it ported before hand and make close to the same power for a lot less.