Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

New Avalanche Body Style Gives Answers

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New Avalanche Body Style Gives Answers

I've seen the new 07' Chevy Avalanche. It looks pretty good. I'd drive it.
From the look of it, you can pretty much see what the new GM trucks will look like. They're on the right track finally. Lets just hope the quality is not lacking.
The only thing that I can see that already has bad reviews is.......the brakes.
The show, Auto Trader.com Drive, (ESPN shows this show) has been test driving the all new and upcoming vehicles.
I'm not sure if this is a fair comparison against the new 07' GM trucks and Avalanche, but the new DOD 6.2L 07' Cadillac Escalade's brakes went up in smoke, turned into mush, and turned redish-orange during their braking tests a lot earlier than they expected. After all the problems GM has been having with their braking systems on their trucks & SUV's, they still strike out???
Hopefully GM doesn't use the same brakes on their trucks. Then again, the 07' Escalade weighs in around 7,000lbs. So those brakes may or may not cause problems on the lighter 1500 series trucks.
We'll soon see.

Jim
Old 04-08-2006, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen the new Avalanche and I LIKE it !!!....I never thought I'd see the day that I'd actually consider owning one but with the new front end I'd own one in a second !!!

GM should use the brakes off the HD on ALL of their trucks....I've NEVER had an issue with mine (hydroboosted with 12.9" front rotors and 12.8" rears)
Old 04-09-2006, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

the new avalanche isnt necessarily what the new trucks will look like. from what ive read the trucks and SUVs with have slightly different front ends, and the avalanche is more SUV than truck. Last big autoshow is next week i think, so we SHOULD be seeing exactly what the trucks will look like then.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:14 AM
TECH Addict

I think the trucks are gonna look amazing. I really can't wait to see them.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the quality is on par with the new Tahoe GM has really stepped up. I am still amazed at how nicely put together the new 'hoe is... I've gone back to the dealer and driven them 10+ times... they ride soooooooooo nice
Old 04-09-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
From the look of it, you can pretty much see what the new GM trucks will look like. They're on the right track finally. Lets just hope the quality is not lacking.
Jim
I've got an '02 Avalanche and haven't had any problems with it, other than for a couple of pretty minor recalls; the tailgate straps and the anti-lock brake sensor recall.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by spitfire2332
the new avalanche isnt necessarily what the new trucks will look like. from what ive read the trucks and SUVs with have slightly different front ends, and the avalanche is more SUV than truck. Last big autoshow is next week i think, so we SHOULD be seeing exactly what the trucks will look like then.
The new Avalanche did not look like the new Tahoe in the front. It looked more like a truck frontend than how a Tahoe's usually looks.
IMO, the new Avalanche front-end is what the new truck is going to resemble.
I mean look at like this, the current Avalanche and current Silverado's front-ends are identical. That's why I think they will look the same.
The Tahoe or Suburban never followed the look of either one from 2003 & up.

Jim
Old 04-10-2006, 11:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
The new Avalanche did not look like the new Tahoe in the front. It looked more like a truck frontend than how a Tahoe's usually looks.
IMO, the new Avalanche front-end is what the new truck is going to resemble.
I mean look at like this, the current Avalanche and current Silverado's front-ends are identical. That's why I think they will look the same.
The Tahoe or Suburban never followed the look of either one from 2003 & up.

Jim
sorry, they all have the EXACT same front end...

and you cant think just because the GMT-800 avalanche looked like the trucks, means the GMT-900s will be the same. From the spy shots you can clearly see the trucks have a bigger grill. The avalanche is more SUV than truck, hence its introduction with the SUVs and having the same front end/interior.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Man, your right with that screen shot, but the one I seen that was test driven had a rounded but flatter meaner look to the front end. I like it a lot more than the one in your pic above.
I guess they decided to do it different. Maybe the other look will come out in a later production date.

Jim