GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

nbs seats in obs truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nbs seats in obs truck

anyone ever done this?

im trying to find brackets to make corbeau racing seats fit in my truck and they only have brackets for 93-07 trucks, wondering how different it would be..?
Old 09-09-2013, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

i have a buddy who put 03 seats and fold down consol in a 98 reg cab. pretty easy. he made brackets that mount to ffloor in truck using original position and then the newer seat mounts to that bracket. ill try get pics or get him to post here. i think he is a member.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:21 PM
Teching In

hello,
lilez is right. I put a set of 03 silverado seats into my scsb 98 truck. I have a rubber floor mat, no carpet. the total project was very easy. I dont quite remember the dementions I made the brackets but I have some pictures of the interior and I also made a simple drawing of what the bracket looked like. (driver side, the passenger side is mirrored) I took a flat piece of metal and drilled holes into it to beable to bolt the plate to the existing seat holes because the 03 bucket seats are wider. I welded studs(or weld in nuts to be bolted through) to the plate in the wider position so I could bolt the seat down. I dont remember what the iner two brackets look liked but I know it was the same principle, plate with holes drilled for the original seat bolts then studs(or nuts) welding for the new seats. The center councel bolts to the same location as the iner seat bolts. I know that may be a confusing explination so if you have questions or would like me to look at my truck harder to figure out exactly what you might need. I am sure once winter is here I could take the seats out and measure the brackets and have exactly what you need. possibly make you some brackets for a small fee.
Attached Thumbnails nbs seats in obs truck-interior-010.jpg   nbs seats in obs truck-interior-003.jpg   nbs seats in obs truck-nbs-seats.jpg   nbs seats in obs truck-bracket.jpg