Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

My one problem with General Motors....

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the problem is GM comes on with everything to slow, when something new happens they wait to see how the Market will react...IE, Dodge released the PT Cruiser, and Now over 5 years latter GM is doing the HHR...the market is flooded with PT Cruisers, people are tired of seeing them, and now GM releases their look-a-like...Dodge and GM are flooding the Market with Retro-Stlyed cars, and in 3 years GM is gonna release its retro styled Camaro...think about it GM...do it right...The Solstice I think was the right car at the right time...Great looking sporty car...the problem, lack of advertising, and they didnt advertise it cause its gutless...If they had used the 260hp 2.2 turbo eco-tec as the performance Package, then they could bang up excitment about the car, sell a ton of the basic 4cyls and then a few turbo solstice...but GM missed the mark AGAIN...the problem is someone in the GM heirarchy is afraid to take chances...GM is going in the tank and someone needs to step up and swing away, because if they don't hit a home run here soon they are out of the game period
Old 05-11-2006, 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 04BlackSilverado
I personally laugh at the people that buy those sticker and wheel packages. It just seems to be a gimmick to but their trucks. I like the fact that GM hasn't done this, it seems cheesy to me.

And never mind the price for the packages, it would be cheaper to do it yourself(look better too).

If the package includes some good performance gain i.e. supercharger or a big motor then its not too bad. Its just the sticker and wheels packages that are cheese to me.
I am one of those you laugh at I suppose. I didn't think $3700 was a bad trim package deal for 20" wheels & tires, custom shifter, guage cluster, shocks, lowering shackles, billit grill and Corsa Cat-back.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mjhoward
I am one of those you laugh at I suppose. I didn't think $3700 was a bad trim package deal for 20" wheels & tires, custom shifter, guage cluster, shocks, lowering shackles, billit grill and Corsa Cat-back.
you got more than just stickers and/or wheels. Almost none of the "sticker packaged" vehicles he was talking about come with a custom shift, gauge cluster, shocks, lowering shackles, billet grill and an exhaust. Its usually just ugly 20" rims and sticker that lets everyone know it has a HEMI.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

i may be rong but doesnt chevy have a rst or something like that its a performance rc silverado, i may be wrong but i thought i seen one the other day.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:15 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jm's customs
i may be rong but doesnt chevy have a rst or something like that its a performance rc silverado, i may be wrong but i thought i seen one the other day.
RST is made by Regency - aftermarket conversion shop. Just like Joe Gibbs, Chapman Super Trucks (CST), etc...
Old 05-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Imagine---Chevy building a RCSB truck with a 6.2L, blower, cam, 4.10 gears/posi blah blah blah.....

Every **** head with a fat wallet and zero engine knowledge would be kicking our asses at the track with an "off the showroom floor" truck. I'd be pissed and so would you.
Modding your truck is what makes it "your truck" I dont think I'd buy a truck built like that from the factory, it wouldn't be as fun.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Wink

I'd buy it!!! When I buy it, then it will be considered mine, and made my own truck with mods to add onto where GM left off.

Jim
Old 05-11-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
I'd buy it!!! When I buy it, then it will be considered mine, and made my own truck with mods to add onto where GM left off.

Jim
hes right there will always be something that gm will forget or not do,

remember you haven't reached your full HP potential until you install a tornado.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:46 PM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
Imagine---Chevy building a RCSB truck with a 6.2L, blower, cam, 4.10 gears/posi blah blah blah.....

Every **** head with a fat wallet and zero engine knowledge would be kicking our asses at the track with an "off the showroom floor" truck. I'd be pissed and so would you.
Modding your truck is what makes it "your truck" I dont think I'd buy a truck built like that from the factory, it wouldn't be as fun.
im with you brother, its no fun when all the trial and error and hard earned stuff is done for you! you arent a motorhead or enthusiast anymore. all you are is a buyer of a prefabbed more-than-one-of-a-kind truck owner