Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Monster Garage, El Camino...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 07:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Monster Garage isn't about the cars anymore it's more about the "reality" additudes and crap. Just like American Choppers is. You would be su[prised at how much of that stuff is scripted in some way. I could care less what they do to any of those cars that they bring in there. It's just a car that someone else didn't want and the new owner gets to do what he want's with it. The other shows like Trucks and Horsepower, are OK, but are just 90% sponsor driven. Monster House is pretty cool, but is wearing itself out also. Flex's show is silly, but I did like the Starsky and Hutch rebuild. Always liked the Torino (sp?) Pimp My Hooptie, silly as well, but all these shows have a very cool degree of craftsmanship and ideas.
Old 06-12-2004, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, Pimp My Ride was cool at first, then just got retarded. It's the same every show, someone has a p.o.s. and West Coast goes in and puts some ridiculous rims, stereo, t.v.s, etc. in the car. Oh, you can't be ghetto fabulous without the PS2!! No offense to anyone, I'm just tired of the "scripted" reality shows. Trucks is cool, but they have been "sponsor driven". I like to see a show, taking real everyday rides and doing real mods, not "bling-bling".
Old 06-12-2004, 02:53 PM
13 Second Truck Club

I caught a cool episode of HP TV the other day. Well half cool. They installed a wet Nitrous kit on an LS1 Camaro. Had it on the dyno before and after. Nice. Then they spent the second half of the show messing with this ricer project. I think it was an Accord. Not my thing.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by nativetexan
I caught a cool episode of HP TV the other day. Well half cool. They installed a wet Nitrous kit on an LS1 Camaro. Had it on the dyno before and after. Nice. Then they spent the second half of the show messing with this ricer project. I think it was an Accord. Not my thing.
I heard they were doing an LS1, but we only get AFN(like 4 chanels) over here.

So what did it make on the dyno? What all was done to it?
Old 06-14-2004, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

I've never seen that Pimp My Ride thing... I hate MTV so much I blocked it out of my TV. I was getting pissed just flicking by it.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Fast4.8
I could care less what they do to any of those cars that they bring in there. It's just a car that someone else didn't want and the new owner gets to do what he want's with it.
No way... True muscle cars are the **ONLY** cars worth a damn to me. They're already rare and expensive enough, it just burns my a** to see them get wrecked for a crappy movie or Hollywood in general... where are a billion other cars that are easier to obtain that are in much greater numbers.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by marc_w
No way... True muscle cars are the **ONLY** cars worth a damn to me. They're already rare and expensive enough, it just burns my a** to see them get wrecked for a crappy movie or Hollywood in general... where are a billion other cars that are easier to obtain that are in much greater numbers.

Would you watch it if they did it to a Pinto or Pacer? I didn't think so.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Honest to god, I would have watched that MG show all the way though because I just don't care about those cars...

Even the one where they tore apart a Ferrari didn't bother me "much". I still hate to see a car get disrespected for a dumb cause, but in general they just don't spark much interest.

I think part of it is that I desire some of those muscle cars so much, it sickens me to see them get slapped around and disrespected so easily... like they're worthless...
Old 06-15-2004, 12:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by marc_w
I think part of it is that I desire some of those muscle cars so much, it sickens me to see them get slapped around and disrespected so easily... like they're worthless...

of course of you got a couple of billion dollars to throw around everything is worthless...they need to use more trucks in movies.. except for the urban cowboy i dont even recall a burnout in one in a movie
Old 06-15-2004, 12:22 AM
Launching!

id like to have a bus that doubled as a boat....besides its better than the bachelor

Quick Reply: Monster Garage, El Camino...