Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Lifted Trucks: Sagging in the Rear?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 01:49 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys have seen dogs drag their *** across the ground before right? Its natural....why shouldn't the trucks do it too?

When I "leveled" my truck with a torsion bar crank (made the trim on the doors level with the ground), it looked like the front was higher than the back when in reality it was perfectly level. I didn't like how it looked so I bought a set of supersprings for the back to rake it slightly again like it was stock. I think it has something to do with how the wheel wells are cut...if you look closely the front ones go up higher than the back ones do. Getting the space between tire and top of wheel well in front and back requires the truck to be a little lower in front. Just an observation....I agree it looks like *** when the front is higher than the rear.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's an epidemic of those here in San Diego. It's definitely pre-runner style, with the key emphasis on the word 'style', because none of them ever see dirt, so it's a pure image thing. The further East you go (Santee, Lakeside, etc.), the more of them you see. Looks like *** IMO, but hey, I'm sure a lot of folks think my truck looks like *** cuz I lowered it....WHATEVER !!!
Old 06-07-2005, 06:28 AM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by Naked AV
There's an epidemic of those here in San Diego. It's definitely pre-runner style, with the key emphasis on the word 'style', because none of them ever see dirt, so it's a pure image thing. The further East you go (Santee, Lakeside, etc.), the more of them you see. Looks like *** IMO, but hey, I'm sure a lot of folks think my truck looks like *** cuz I lowered it....WHATEVER !!!

i was just there and it seemed silly to me. there were lots of trucks that were an easy 4" lower in the rear.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:02 AM
TECH Veteran

To be fair, for every one of those you see here that's a road queen, there is one that actually goes off-road in baja. I'm not talking about the Expeditions and F250's, but the Rangers, Tacomas, etc. with large, high-torque V-8 transplants and 24" of travel. There's a huge industry here supporting those racers and their teams. The place where I sent Devin to get his rear end done is very well-known for working on those types of vehicles.

That said, if you're not actually racing, I do not see the point of doing that to a brand-new vehicle, and neither do some of the shops that actually do the work to make them look that way.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's where I saw most of them, in San Diego. I don't know what's going on there, but it pretty ridiculous. So do these guys just lift the front, or do they buy the whole kit, and not use the lift blocks for the rear.

It just looks sloppy and careless. If I had a shop, I would refuse to do that, unless of course 24" of travel was the goal.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

lets see some pictures of this nonsense
Old 06-07-2005, 03:40 PM
14 Second Truck Club

I have an '89 GMC Jimmy (fullsize), after installing 4" suspension lift the rear was 2" lower than the front. Found out all 4x4 Blazer/Jimmy's of that gen. came from the factory sitting 2" lower in rear (also rear axle is 2" narrower than front axle, don't understand that one either ). Can't make up my mind about the level. Changed the rear so it sat level, loved the look. But now the new has worn off, I'm thinking of going back to 2" lower in the rear . Yes, it is a road queen, I'm just too much of a clean freak and they are too damn hard to clean up after a "hell raisin' episode"!
Old 07-11-2005, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

Yea its cali style... I dont really like it
Old 07-11-2005, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The other thing that causes it besides the style is not having enough driveshaft to lift it as far as they have lifted the front.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Truck addict

damn, i thought the look was suppose to be the rear higher than the front. i must be all outa whack.

Quick Reply: Lifted Trucks: Sagging in the Rear?!?