Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

The Life of Snickers, A Philosophical question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 07:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

God that sucks dude. I had a black lab for 13 yrs and i came home and found him dead in the back yard. really sad.

There such loyal dogs and love humans. I got another black lab now though, shes almost 5.

i waited 3 yrs to get another. its incredible how you'll forget there dead. its sad b/c you'll do your old habits of taking care of him, or expecting him to be there or whatever the scenario and realize hes not there no more. It really sucks. but once you stop greeving over his loss, go get another. there such cool dogs.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:46 AM
Launching!

I removed his leash and collar after he went to sleep. I held him for about 15 minutes balling like a little girl. Finally I decided it was time to let him rest, I said my last good byes, told him I loved him, and got up as I opened the exam room door to tell the Vet thanks for his compassion and goodbye, the tag on the leash jingled in my hand.

I knew at that moment, Snickers was alive and well and sitting right behind my leg waiting to be petted. But as I turned I saw him still lying on the floor. That was brutal, my knees almost gave out. I realized the leash in my hand was jingleing and I just stood there for a few more mintues.

Maybe one day i'll get another dog, but it wont be for a long time, and no one will ever replace Snickers.

If you ask me hes still right at my side, loal as ever. I just cant see him as well as I used to.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about your loss. It does get better.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:49 AM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

sorry to hear about it man. Dogs are really the only truly loyal things ive ever known. you did the right thing..it may not seem that way right away but i dont think anyone who has done, what u had to see's that right away but he's no longer suffering now and it would have been a selfish thing to keep him around always drugged up. but remember you did the right thing. thank you for sharing snickers story with us.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Although this is a few days old, I feel for you man. We had to put our german shepard to sleep 2 weeks ago. He was possibly the best dog ever, everybody would come over and play with him. Unfortunately he was a purebred, and they are known for their hip problems, and the case wasnt any different. He could barely walk, and he'd just drag his back legs. You never realize how attatched you are to a pet, until theyre not there anymore Sorry for your loss