Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Intermediate Steering Shaft

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TIM Z
I had my shaft replaced Too, but I Did hear that they are just lubing them now, That's a half assed way if you ask me, You buy a truck that should be built right and if its not they need to fix it so it is right. This is why i buy chevrolet in the first place, Its the best.
I tend to differ about the its the best statement.
I just buy GM due to the power of their engines over Ford and Dodge.
Though I don't think that GM's trucks are built all that well.
Give me the new Ford truck with a LQ9 6.0L eninge ,then you have a truck!
I sure hope GM changed a lot of things on their new 2007 Silverado.
They need a better look than the new Tahoe's front end as well. It needs to look tougher and meaner than that. Ford & Dodge seem to have the looks down right!
No offense to anyone, but I've had all bad luck with my new 2005 Silverado.

Jim
Old 03-24-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 04BlackSilverado
The servo motors chattering in the cluster, Mind did it real bad in the mornings until I bought a new cluster. Don't hear a thing now. No more chatter. You definitely know its the cluster when you turn off your truck by turning the key slow, the motor will turn off then you'll hear the cluster chattering a second later, for a half second.
If your under warranty, make them swap in a new one, give it a shot.
Good luck

Man, I have got to do something about this cluster now. I was driving into work this morning and it was squeaking like a ******* mouse running around behind the cluster. I could barely cover up the noise with the stereo. Plus, I have a noise coming from the passenger side underneath the dash, right around I suppose where that recirculation vent is.

My girl I guess didn't really pay attention to all these sounds when she drove it, but it drives me insane.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have that same sound under my dash as well....
Old 03-25-2006, 02:49 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
I tend to differ about the its the best statement.
I just buy GM due to the power of their engines over Ford and Dodge.
Though I don't think that GM's trucks are built all that well.
Give me the new Ford truck with a LQ9 6.0L eninge ,then you have a truck!
I sure hope GM changed a lot of things on their new 2007 Silverado.
They need a better look than the new Tahoe's front end as well. It needs to look tougher and meaner than that. Ford & Dodge seem to have the looks down right!
No offense to anyone, but I've had all bad luck with my new 2005 Silverado.

Jim
Every one is entitled to their opinion, yes , hands down chevy has the best engines, Ford makes a good basic truck but is UGLY, Dodge is a total ugly turd whos trannies and breaks dont last at all. NO one has the styling that GM has, HANDS DOWN the best looking truck on the road and the BEST interior. BUT it does suck that we buy a new truck and have probs, but they are small compared to that of the other auto makers. Thank our gov't for letting foriegners make parts for our domestic vehicles! But i can always count on my chevy to run and perform . I will not drive anything else! Ill get some heat but dont care.I LOVE MY CHEVY.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i may be repeating someone else, but they did away with the old grease and sent us a revised grease. supposedly this new grease will last forever.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by L33Z71
What is that cluster noise? Mine is doing that too.

your servo motors in the cluster are the cause for hte noise. yes that is covered under warranty. have then swap out the cluster.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChevyMan23
Will they replace the cluster w/ an SS clutser if i pay the difference?..lol..im under warranty
no. lol. that would be nice though
Old 03-25-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Every one is entitled to their opinion, yes , hands down chevy has the best engines, Ford makes a good basic truck but is UGLY, Dodge is a total ugly turd whos trannies and breaks dont last at all. NO one has the styling that GM has, HANDS DOWN the best looking truck on the road and the BEST interior. BUT it does suck that we buy a new truck and have probs, but they are small compared to that of the other auto makers. Thank our gov't for letting foriegners make parts for our domestic vehicles! But i can always count on my chevy to run and perform . I will not drive anything else! Ill get some heat but dont care.I LOVE MY CHEVY.
chevy has the best engines(by FARR), best bodies, best frames, best looks. the only thing we're lacking is electronic part quality and tranny strength(which is being taken care of). ford is ok as far as reliability goes(except 02+exploders). they're just a bitch to work on. dodge is just ******* junk...period.