Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

I'm returning SPE Proflash.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I'm returning SPE Proflash.

Y2K - How do you like the Superchips MAX Micro Tuner?
Acutally it's not bad. I've had for about two months now but didn't like as much as the HPP because it also doesn't shift high enough for my taste so it's been sitting on a shelf in the garage. After sending back the Proflash and selling the HPP when I got the Proflash, I found myself without a tuner . Then I had a brain fart and remembered I had the Superchips Max Microtuner and popped in the program. I only shifts at about 5700 rpms for 1-2 and 5500 for the 2-3 shifts but it doesn't have that bog then go after the shift like it does stock or with the HPP. Superchips says they do remove some of the TM and it does pull better after each shift and does make a noticable gain in acceleration.
Jim
Old 08-06-2003, 12:23 AM

What about westers garage pcm?That product works and is out of this world.
Thats' probably what I'm going to do, I think . Lyndon Westers answered my e-mail and said I can get anything I want programmed and I've read several post rescently raving about his program. I'm going to get in the group discount buy at GM-Trucks and get it for $315 plus shipping. The only thing I'm leary of is that it is the PCM that's modifed, no going back to stock like with a programmer.
Jim
Old 08-06-2003, 06:16 AM
TECH Addict

Y2K - How do you like the Superchips MAX Micro Tuner?
Acutally it's not bad. I've had for about two months now but didn't like as much as the HPP because it also doesn't shift high enough for my taste so it's been sitting on a shelf in the garage. After sending back the Proflash and selling the HPP when I got the Proflash, I found myself without a tuner . Then I had a brain fart and remembered I had the Superchips Max Microtuner and popped in the program. I only shifts at about 5700 rpms for 1-2 and 5500 for the 2-3 shifts but it doesn't have that bog then go after the shift like it does stock or with the HPP. Superchips says they do remove some of the TM and it does pull better after each shift and does make a noticable gain in acceleration.
Jim
I just ordered SuperChips MAX Micro Tuner from MyChevyTruck GP buy for $285. Since I don't have any mods on my truck, I think it will make a considerable performance increase. Thanks for the feed back.