TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I'm calling out the HEMI boys on their forum

Good deal!
Old 09-16-2003, 11:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm in Marshall, about 40 minutes from Kilgore. Real close to Shreveport. I want to move from this **** hole of a town so bad though .. I just need to find a job that will let me move.
Old 09-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Dude, It's not that bad there, trust me, Most of my life I lived in Kilgore, I have been in West Tx, Alabama, Mississippi, and now Wyoming. I can't wait to get back to Kilgore. Only about 6 more months. On the other hand, back to the forum. I have read all the post at the dodge site and have to say this. everything was cool until the worlds fastest tahoe came over and got the pot stirred up. I know the offers for a race have been made but I don't think people are backing down it is hard to get time and place for this all to happen. I have a QCSB Hemi and I am not afraid to race any 5.3 LS or SS, now before anyone starts screaming they will smoke my @#@, I did not say I would win or the chevy would win, but just to see the outcome. If the Hemi wins it wins, If the chevy wins it wins. So if there are any stock chevys in Gillette, WY. We can do this. Sure would like to put this to rest. My children don't argue this bad. I have a 2003 Chevy LS 5.3 for a company truck that I am going to get a guy from work to go with me to a track to put this to sleep. Just don't know when we can do it. and his chevy is a ECSB 5.3 LS. Is this a fair match? ( can't we all just get along?)
Old 09-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Launching!

yes supertom, finally a cool dodge guy
(i have nothing against whitt1 as you have a really badass tahoe)
Old 09-16-2003, 06:37 PM
Teching In

I would like to put one more thing to rest, This is for the post Whitt1 put up.

Whitt's quote:
"What a bunch of weenies I tell them my Tahoe's supercharged and not only will none of them race,they want to match me with a top fuel dragster.I asked if anyone had a SRT-10 that I could race."

This is a post I put up In defense for the "stock" dodge:

"So let me get this straight. This thread started with stock chevy wanting to race a stock dodge for kicks and giggles. Then we have a guy with a supercharged tahoe that wants to jump in a say he can beat them all. All being STOCK off the line production trucks. hummmmmmm. I was thinking we were comparing apples to apples. but seems like he wants to go apples to oranges. So, I will race his tahoe with my top fuel dragster. Does that seem to be as fair as he is being?"

I made this post as a comparison to his post, Like I said before this started Stock for Stock. Nuf said, I will let this be. I do believe Whitt has a bad tahoe, but the challenge just wasn't fair and of course nobody is gonna race a supercharged tahoe with a stock dodge. I wouldn't
Old 09-16-2003, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

SuperTom, the area isn't that bad, it's just that I'm in the arm pit of East TX being Marshall. THere is NOTHING here, yea, we have Longview and Shreveport a short drive away, but it sucks having to drive all the way there to have a decent place to go eat, besides El Stinco's or AppleBee's if you dare call those places decent. t's sad when the best steak in town is at a Mexican food place (El Chico's).

Maybe when you get back in Kilgore, we can meet up at Hallsville. There is another guy on this forum, bigguy75inches, that I'm sure would go too. He has a 4x4 RCSB Chevy with a Whipple supercharger on it, and from the way he talks, it either isn't running right, or has less than desirable performance for him.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Flyer, First chance you get go down to the dodge dealer and test drive a 1500 QCSB Hemi and tell me what you think. (street driving) not trying to convert you over. but you said you drove a 5.9 as a loaner. I would like to get your opinion on the dodge comfortability and handleing. Like I said before I like them both, just the comfort I like in the dodge. Just wish I could get some mods for the Hemi. I have non so far well, I did put a magnaflow muffler on it. but waiting on the micro tuner to come out. You seem like a fair guy that's why I suggested driving the new Hemi. Also, I just wish I had an El Chico here, Not anything in Wyoming except Snow Man, I have been here since feb. and have seen more snow in 4 months than I did down there in 33 years put togather. but I kinda like waking up in the morning and see 2 feet of snow over night and keeps coming and stays for weeks at a time.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

Most all of those Dodge guys are cool on that site. I cant wait for them to get some mods as well. I like them better than the new ford for sure
Old 09-17-2003, 03:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

red .. some of them are pretty kewl and level headed, while some are no different than those L guys who can't be beaten.

Tom, I will do that .. I will do that next time I'm in my dad's truck. It would look more like I'm stepping up instead of trading in a brand new 03 Chevy. May be a little more convincing.

I forgot to mention on the Dodge board, mnine is a RCSB, not EC.

I will say .. those Dodges sound mean as hell with an exhaust. I wish ours sounded that good with just a muffler change.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Flyer

OUR 5.3's CAN sound mean! All you need is a Corsa exhuast. My exhaust, even before my headers had/has a sound that most people can't believe! It sounds like a serious muscle car when reved, and at full throttle resembles a 5.7L LS1
Only problem with Corsa's, as we all know, is the cost, which I think is well worth it! I love the sound of my exhaust so much that I will occasionaly open the windows while driving just to hear the exhaust note!

Anyway....Sorry I couldnt resist posting. Just wanted to give another shout out for Chevy!

Quick Reply: I'm calling out the HEMI boys on their forum