Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Ford SVT Introduces Tsunami

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 10:25 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford SVT Introduces Tsunami

GM really needs to pick up the pace! I'm telling you guys, Ford's really on the ball lately...now I have to find a way to come up with $55k!

Ford regains performance truck throne with SVT Tsunami

By George P. Burdell / The Detroit News

DEARBORN -- Bigger is definitely better.

Dodge's reign over the performance truck market will be short-lived, as Ford plans to topple the SRT-10 this fall with a bigger, badder contender from SVT that is certainly worthy of the crown. With 512 horsepower and 640 lb.-ft. of pavement-ripping torque, the SVT Tsunami is likely to show the industry who's king after all.

"We paid attention to criticisms of past SVT products, but realize we can't take a one-size-fits-all approach" said Hau Thai-Tang, Ford's director of advanced product creation. "So now we've got the top-of-the-line Tsunami, rounding out the SVT lineup with usable cabin space and race-inspired performance while maintaining the versatility of a work truck."

Based on the Super Duty F-350 platform, the Tsunami is SVT's latest and most outrageous offering yet. But don't dismiss this pretty contractor vehicle as an overweight marketing toy. This truck means serious business and benefits from all of SVT's usual enhancements. Motivated by the familiar 6.8L Triton® SOHC SEFI 30-valve V10 engine, SVT promotes additional thrust with the help of an intercooled supercharger and tuned exhaust. This powerplant, also slated for use in the next generation Lightning, is more than adequate for propelling Ford's largest and heaviest weapon.

An SVT-tuned suspension and larger brakes round out the Tsunami's performance package, and aggressive styling including sculpted sills and a deeper fascia with SVT's trademark round fog lights differentiate the Tsunami from regular F350's. Unique 6-spoke wheels on wide rubber complete the look, giving the Tsunami a menacing stance. Interior appointments include the requisite white-faced gauges and special Alcantara sport seats in front and back, with bright metal trim and carbon-fiber accents to help express the sporting nature of this special Super Duty.

When the Tsunami hits the streets this fall, it will be the most powerful factory-built truck ever and just the kind of flagship vehicle SVT needs to reclaim its position at the top of the performance truck industry. Ford is expected to sell the Tsunami for just $54,795 -- significantly more than the starting price of a base-level F350 Super Duty.

Following next year's arrival of the Shelby Cobra GT500, SVT will launch the Sport Trac Adrenalin -- a sport utility truck based on the next-generation Explorer. The company has also committed to building a Lightning, based on the F-150, while Ford designers and engineers are contemplating an SVT version of the Fusion, Ford's new midsize sedan that will debut this fall alongside the Tsunami.

It's good to be the king.

Old 04-04-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well now i've seen it all
Old 04-04-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

fkin chevy come on already
Old 04-04-2005, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

That thing is incredible. I find it hard to believe that a crew cab with 512hp is going to be faster than a single cab with 500, but with a blower on top it would be easy to up the power level. That torque is insane! Can you imagine trying to launch that thing
Dodge and Ford keep one upping each other with Chevrolet draggin *** almost out of sight. I wouldnt be surprised to see the C6 ZO6 toppled before it even hits the street.
Its a sad time for Chevy guys, but an amazing time for sport truck enthusiasts!!
Old 04-04-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Veteran

I like the performance, but the thing looks like "the little yellow train that could"
Old 04-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Launching!

Chevy is too busy slapping SS badges onto rental cars to build something that cool
Old 04-04-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SaintLos
Chevy is too busy slapping SS badges onto rental cars to build something that cool
sad but true lol
Old 04-04-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

holy verga
Old 04-04-2005, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by desTRUCKtive
holy verga
Good Line. Started laughing as soon as i read that line and my co-worker was staring at me like i was a mad man.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope this isnt what they stopped the lighting for..????

Quick Reply: Ford SVT Introduces Tsunami