Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion
View Poll Results: E-fans:What brand & why?
'05 E-fans
61.54%
LT1 fans from?
3.85%
LS1 fans from?
26.92%
Spal
0%
Another aftermarket brand
7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

E-fans? Which 1 did u go w/. & why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks good. Put some loom on the PCM pin wire. Also, I put the cable to the junction box thru the bottom of the box. It looks completely factory that way. Also, your harness does have the white zip ties I talked about. They really should have used black. Looks tacky.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, looking good. Now please do me a favor and clean that dirty F%^KN engine bay up
Old 10-30-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Looks good. Put some loom on the PCM pin wire. Also, I put the cable to the junction box thru the bottom of the box. It looks completely factory that way. Also, your harness does have the white zip ties I talked about. They really should have used black. Looks tacky.
Thanks. Ya, I don't have any small loom. I like a factory look in whatever I do. Vararam doesn't look that way, but will eventually be gone.

I didn't even think of puttin that cable on bottom of JCT. box.
I also didn't have to cut it like suggested.

Those white zip ties were mine; I ran outta lil black ones. It's on list.

Few things:
1)Mike, u really helped me out by tellin me of using Nelson's instructions. Use as guide, since some things vary ever so little; I have 2pin.

2)Blackbear harness lacks instructions: Few mistakes made there. Remember when I asked what that PIN does?

3)Junction box wires, 1 length was a tad different so it takes tiny bit o finesse for sano look.

4)Blue wire needs to be a wee bit longer. We had to remove from loom to get that length. (that's why I did that pic)

5)GOTTA pinout correctly in proper connector.

I hope to address Justin to help others on future fan harnesses. It's just lil nit picky things. I like sano look - 100% professional. I take pride in whatever I do.

Last edited by fastnblu; 10-31-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice. Do the harnesses that people purchase come with fusses and if not should they?
Old 10-30-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SilverDog
Looks nice. Do the harnesses that people purchase come with fuses and if not should they?
No fuses, just that 3 relay setup & wiring. IDK.

I knew if anybody squawked on cleanin engine bay, it'd be John.

It's not totally done. I test drove @ 1st , w/. coolant a bit low. Temps ~205-210* & IDK exactly but used my gauge. Last night added 1 1/2 qts 50/50% Dexcool mix. Now, accordin to HPT scan has temps. 180-184* operating temp.

I still need to test when only 1 fan runs. Cause it seems both are runnin.

And play w/. tune: fans on/ off temp & related. I used tables from Whippled496.

1 repair & 2 upgrades: Efans upgrade, & T-stat done & no leaks.

A great deal of thanks goes out to family & friends, & those on PT. Especially Billy, Mike (GMCtrk), SilverDog, Whippled 496 & any others I left out.

Next project - durability. When $ allows, built tranny & Trutrac.
Then the good stuff!!!

Last edited by fastnblu; 10-31-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: No leaks from water pump gaskets & Efan/ t-stat upgrades.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:00 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Looks good Tom, good job I too mounted my B+ wire to the bottom of the box, and came up from the bottom with the ground, it's more stealth looking that way. My harness has the 3 relays mounted to the PCM cover also, looks almost like it belongs that way.

And yea, black zip ties will go a long way lol. As for fuses, I believe that the B+ wires are actually fusible links, but I'm not 100% sure. Great pics man, I'm sure that they'll help a lot of people. One day I'll get more close ups of my harness installed and add them too
Old 10-31-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Job Tom,Looks Great!!!..
Old 10-31-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Looks good Tom, good job I too mounted my B+ wire to the bottom of the box, and came up from the bottom with the ground, it's more stealth looking that way. My harness has the 3 relays mounted to the PCM cover also, looks almost like it belongs that way.

And yea, black zip ties will go a long way lol. As for fuses, I believe that the B+ wires are actually fusible links, but I'm not 100% sure. Great pics man, I'm sure that they'll help a lot of people. One day I'll get more close ups of my harness installed and add them too
Ya, BAT.(+) will prolly be mounted to bottom later, when I get my hands on some more lil black zip ties. :

I really didn't want mount it to PCM cover, but may. IDK, I just hate drillin holes in plastic, or plastic trim pieces, cause trim costs so much. Ya, a PCM cover is prolly peanuts in terms of $, but til I figure out it's cost or it bothers me where I now have it, it'll stay there.
I think if the fan harness was made slightly different (or sold optionally) as a fan harness w/. longer wires, the end user could have some options.

MADS99 sent me a PM sayin how nice pics were & details. Told me it should be a sticky. : I looked thru stickies a found only 1 efan install by agreeif. It was just blank. So if Trever1t or another wants to sticky it, they can. Cause I gathered info from all over to make job go easier & help others.

Some pics I didn't even need to take cause it just added to length of job to clean hands & take out camera. Again, it's my hope that it helps others.

Last edited by fastnblu; 10-31-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: proofread
Old 10-31-2009, 05:44 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

You could always use some good 3M 2 sided tape and tape the relays to the PCM cover, then you don't have to drill any holes. In reality it's 2 tiny holes from self tapping screws, no biggie IMO...but I understand not wanting to drill into anything, I'm that way with the bed and cab.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

got mine up and running today. There are THREE green wires in my loom. I managed to tap the 2 wrong ones before getting the right one.

Quick Reply: E-fans? Which 1 did u go w/. & why?