Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

does everyone like seafoam?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

edit- go waist ur money on what u want, it will help the economy..

Last edited by skolman91; 05-06-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:29 PM
The House is Rockin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skolman91
everybody should get a TB spacer too, IT WORKS GREAT!!
dude if you loved your TB spacer you gotta get a TORNADO!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skolman91
you guys are a bunch of idiots if you think it happend just cause its a dodge. backfire ,plastic intake(like the chevys have), boom, replace intake that simple. and from what i understand there isnt even an egr in the newer lsx motors so whats the point really?
everybody should get a TB spacer too, IT WORKS GREAT!!
and yer an idiot if you think we were serious about it backfiring because its a dodge lol

Originally Posted by heavy chevy boy
dude if you loved your TB spacer you gotta get a TORNADO!
Very wise investment if you ask me
Old 05-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Mine smoked like crazy and runs really good after....
Old 05-06-2009, 10:36 PM
KickinAssAndTakinNames

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well looks like i'll be doin the full motor deal in the next 4 days or so.
will give some feedback maybe a video if it smokes alot
Old 05-06-2009, 10:58 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Using Seafoam as an induction service works excellently, I've witnessed the results by doing before and after inspections of a 4 cylinder Toyota's combustion chambers with a bore scope. With 170k on the ticker, and an induction system that has never been cleaned, you probably have a great deal of carbon built up. Not so sure that Seafoam will work as well as a 2 or 3 step pressurized induction service, like something that BG offers, but it's worth a shot.

I've used Seafoam before and had a smoke show like a hair band rock concert, and other times I've used it and seen hardly any smoke. Not sure why it smokes more sometimes than others, maybe if cylinder temps are just right and other conditions are met the chemical will combust differently, or if it soaks too long it will evaporate or just soak into the carbon instead of breaking the carbon down...not sure...
Old 05-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Banned

Snake oil. Water works just as good.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

i guess it depends on where you put it. i put it directly into my crankcase and did not notice a difference. i bet if i did it through the vacuum hose or intake, i might notice i difference. next time i will try it through that and see what happens. all i know is that it thinned out my oil really bad. it was like water when i drained it. also i noticed alot of dry starts. i would suggest changing your oil pretty soon after it is added.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:19 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S/C Z71
Snake oil. Water works just as good.
I find that hard to believe...actually, I've seen what water does to the connecting rods of an internal combustion engine as it neither will compress or combust. Don't need a bore scope to diagnose that...as for the results of Seafoam, please read my post.

Originally Posted by KeukaZ71
i guess it depends on where you put it. i put it directly into my crankcase and did not notice a difference. i bet if i did it through the vacuum hose or intake, i might notice i difference. next time i will try it through that and see what happens. all i know is that it thinned out my oil really bad. it was like water when i drained it. also i noticed alot of dry starts. i would suggest changing your oil pretty soon after it is added.
I've never used it in my crankcase, I don't believe in adding anything into the oil on an engine that has been well maintained with periodic oil and filter services. I only use it as an induction service through the intake, and a little in the gas tank. Actually I always change my oil after using Seafoam through the intake as I'd imagine that some of it may work it's way past the rings due to the increased richness of the AF mixture.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I find that hard to believe...actually, I've seen what water does to the connecting rods of an internal combustion engine as it neither will compress or combust. Don't need a bore scope to diagnose that...as for the results of Seafoam, please read my post.
Seafoam will do the same thing if you dump it in too fast. Water FTW!

Quick Reply: does everyone like seafoam?