Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Dodge SRT on dealer's lots.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 03:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by renegade4e
the whale tail has got to go imo. oh and the exaust pipes...if they're giving it the viper engine, why not a make-shift viper esque exaust setup? other than that, looks like a mean truck. i wish gm would put a price on something a little overboard instead of concepts. how bout a revised syclone!
The only saving grace is that I've heard from multiple reliable sources that the wing is removable.

I don't know why they did the offset exhaust... I've got a centered Viper GTS-Style exhaust on my truck and think it looks much better. I'm sure a revamped exhaust and roll pan will be high on the aftermarket mods list for the truck.
Attached Thumbnails Dodge SRT on dealer's lots.-exhaust1.jpg  
Old 11-02-2003, 03:57 AM
TECH Resident

OH yeah I forgot to make fun of the spoiler on that truck. Its gay. . . .

It should be pretty quick with that big *** engine in there, but that is still a heavy truck.

As much as everyone here loves the LS1 based engines, I wish there was a 8.1L under the hood of my SS
Old 11-02-2003, 04:25 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by SinCityRT
The only saving grace is that I've heard from multiple reliable sources that the wing is removable.

I don't know why they did the offset exhaust... I've got a centered Viper GTS-Style exhaust on my truck and think it looks much better. I'm sure a revamped exhaust and roll pan will be high on the aftermarket mods list for the truck.
exactly what i had in mind. now if it were out the sides, that would be pretty sweet too!
Old 11-02-2003, 07:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Initial testing was showing high 13s from a magazine I read, real dissappointing comparing the fact that they said that this truck would compete against the new lightning.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody can build anything to go fast if you've got the time, knowledge, and money. The catch is being able to do it all at once and retain a full manufacturer's warranty. Buying an SRT-10 is mostly about status anyways (just like any other vehicle that costs over $30k)... Imagine how many people will stare and ask about it on a daily basis? Pull up at the track and I guarantee you'll see herds of people flocking around it. The thing could run 18.0 in the quarter and people would still drool all over it.
Status?? I could care less about that. Better built then bought as far as I'm concerned. Even if i'm slower, I have alot more pride knowing I did the work myself.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:19 AM
11 Second Truck Club

I can't imagine that truck only turning a 13.8 1/4. I think the magazine needs to hire someone who knows how to drive.
I bet once the launch is figured out and traction is helped we'll be seeing atleast low 13's out of these. I bet the trap speed will put the gen 2 Lightning to shame even if the e.t's don't at first. Not to mention the fact that the SRT-10 is gonna be awesome from a "roll".
Old 11-02-2003, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1BirdDRG
I can't imagine that truck only turning a 13.8 1/4. I think the magazine needs to hire someone who knows how to drive.
I bet once the launch is figured out and traction is helped we'll be seeing atleast low 13's out of these. I bet the trap speed will put the gen 2 Lightning to shame even if the e.t's don't at first. Not to mention the fact that the SRT-10 is gonna be awesome from a "roll".
Dodge is pretty notorious for understating the performance of their new SRT vehicles. The SRT-4 is quoted as 215hp at the crank but at least one 2004 has been dyno'd bone stock at over 260 fwhp.

Another scary thought... What does everyone compare the SRT-10 to? The Lightning. The Lightning produces 390hp with a supercharger strapped on - the SRT-10 is 500hp N/A. Right off the bat there's already a zillion performance modifications available from all of the Viper tuners - imagine what happens when one of the aftermarket Viper tuners gets ahold of one and puts in one of those 800-1000hp kits
Old 11-02-2003, 04:55 PM
TECH Veteran

I've got a centered Viper GTS-Style exhaust on my truck and think it looks much better.
That's cool. I did something similiar with mine. Definitely gets alot of looks.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:17 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Strap on of these on that RT-10 and LOOK OUT!
Old 11-04-2003, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

Not sure if its accurate, but when they first unveiled the concept over a year ago it was claimed to run ~12.9. Which is kinda sad for 500 hp. If thats true, it wont hold a candle to a modded Lightning. Lightnings with 500 hp (lets say 450 at the ground) run at least low 12s. And you can get a Lightning up to 450 rwhp fairly easily for probably 10k less then the SRT, total. And if Ford actually makes theyre 500 hp Gen 3 Lightning......nothing but that huge *** dodge front end in the rearview.

$45k ? I'd take a Lotus Elise for 38k and go hunt ferarris! (then buy a 7k beater truck )

GM WHERE ARE YOU?!? "REAL SS" w/ 500 HP PLEASE!!

Quick Reply: Dodge SRT on dealer's lots.