Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Comparison Test: 2007 Half-Ton Pickup Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kudos to Toyota.

Hopefully, GM will wake the **** up, and soon.
Toyota and Dodge are giving customers what they want, and its showing in thier returns.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

What kills me about this...

GM has a better truck motor. They CHOOSE not to use it. GM has a 6-speed automatic. They CHOOSE not to use it. And this four seconds to PE ****....YOU HAVE GOT TO BE ******* KIDDING ME. Find out who made that decision and fire them immediately. I don't care if I'd get it tuned anyway, that just plain makes no sense, and is incredibly deceptive to the customer. Really makes me want to NOT buy another GM product (even though I love my truck, and really like the new NNBS as well). But for the fact that the Toyota is the ugliest damn thing I've ever seen, I'd conside rone of them.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:49 AM
TECH Regular

My next truck will be a TUNDRA. The Tundra bang for the buck is plain superior to the other vehicles in the test.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Well, as impressed as I am with the Tundra, I am just as dissapointed in the new V-Max. What's with keeping the truck from making any power for a FULL FOUR SECONDS after the throttle is mashed. That's the stupidest thing I've heard of since the PT Cruiser.

I know the computer systems are different on the '07 GM Trucks, but if that delay can be tuned out, it might be a fairly quick truck. Look at the powerband on the dyno graph for the V-Max compared to the Tundra and Titan. That is just sad.

Even if the delay can be tuned out, why is it there. You shouldn't have to spend 500 bucks to tune out that stupid crap! The Titan and Tundra obviously don't need to retard the sh*t out of their motors for four seconds.

I am just dissapointed in GM. Sorry for the rant. I'm really glad I have the '06.

Mike
Old 02-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know about the 07's because I've never seen one of the PCM files but, on all other stock GM truck tunes I've seen the PE delay is either 0 or 1 second.

The delay can be tuned out with any of the popular tuning softwares(at least on the 06 back stuff). I haven't seen an 07 tune file to comment on that.

Hopefully, with Toyota and Nissan upping the anty in the fullsize gas truck market GM will answer back and give us GM guys something to brag about. I think it's about time for them to put out another RCSB performance truck like the old Syclones, maybe a new Coolside truck that isn't just a concept.......one can dream right?
Old 02-07-2007, 09:53 PM
RWC
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
I don't know about the 07's because I've never seen one of the PCM files but, on all other stock GM truck tunes I've seen the PE delay is either 0 or 1 second.

The delay can be tuned out with any of the popular tuning softwares(at least on the 06 back stuff). I haven't seen an 07 tune file to comment on that.
My 05 1500HD came stock with a 60 second PE delay setting. I checked a 06 TBSS with the new E40 ecm and it is set to 0 sec so the delay should be able to be tuned out in the 07. There should be a LOT or room for tuning improvements in the new trucks. I'm just glad to see such a good engine to start with that so much can be done with just tuning and maybe a little bigger cam.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Teching In

I'll take one in black or silver.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:31 PM
RWC
Staging Lane

I have one orderded for my wife, a black Serra Denali 6.2L 6 speed auto. It will be interesting just to see how much difference tuning will make.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RWC
I have one orderded for my wife, a black Serra Denali 6.2L 6 speed auto. It will be interesting just to see how much difference tuning will make.
It will make an enormous difference I would be suprised to hear 25-30rwhp.

Gm has taken it out of the customers hands and made the decision that we want better gas mileage more so than more power

Also if youve see that yota engine its a beautiful work of art it comes with headers not manifolds.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:07 AM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
It will make an enormous difference I would be suprised to hear 25-30rwhp.

Gm has taken it out of the customers hands and made the decision that we want better gas mileage more so than more power

Also if youve see that yota engine its a beautiful work of art it comes with headers not manifolds.

Yea I did notice that.... With the yota having only .3L less yet it has shorties, variable intake and exhaust, 4 valves, variable intake manifold, it's hard for the good ole push rod's to compete. Gm's motors are more compact allowing them to havea bigger displacment in a give area, but as soon as the high tech ohc engines close that displacement gap.... the ls motors are out gunned.

Look at the 6.2 liter..... barely beats the yota in power and tq @.5l bigger. Yet the yota has a much broader powerband with huge low end tq and a engine that breathes up top.

Quick Reply: Comparison Test: 2007 Half-Ton Pickup Trucks