Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Best Bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Bedliner

Hello, I just want some advice from the experts (you guys) about what is the BEST, most heavy duty bedliner-price isnt a factor. My brother just got a brand new GMC 2500 HD 6.0 pickup (ext. bed) that he'll be using for work(construction). It won't be hauling dirt everyday but there will be days when that bed will be abused. I need something thats really durable. Can you guys give me any advice here? Thanks in advance
Old 09-21-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Resident

Not rhino liner that is for sure, too thin.

I had Line-X once and was happy with it. The price too was better then Rhino Lining at the time.

However, a Duraliner to me is more durable then a spray liner only because it prevent's dings and dents wihch is something that a spray in can't do.

if cost is no object, do both. Spray in to prevent rust and prevent chaffing that a drop in liner does. The drop in will prevent the dents associated wtih just throwing **** in the back.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

thanks, i was thinking of doing the Rhino Lining but i figured I get a second opinion. Thanks again. Keep the opnions coming
Old 09-21-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

I like the dual comp bedliner I posted about in my other thread. Thick rubber mat on the floor and abs sides. It looks clean.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by unredeemed
Not rhino liner that is for sure, too thin.

I had Line-X once and was happy with it. The price too was better then Rhino Lining at the time.

However, a Duraliner to me is more durable then a spray liner only because it prevent's dings and dents wihch is something that a spray in can't do.

if cost is no object, do both. Spray in to prevent rust and prevent chaffing that a drop in liner does. The drop in will prevent the dents associated wtih just throwing **** in the back.
Thanks, can you possible include where you can find the best prices for these pieces. Thanks again
Old 09-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Line - X is the best liner for spray in and Penda offers the best for drop in liner. I have used or sold (some time ago) all of them and these to brands are the top IMO
Old 09-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont like drop ins cause they chaffe really bad and can cause your bed to rust. I willb egetting a Line-X bedliner in my truck when I do it. My dad has had good luck with them. Its a truck bed its ok to get dings in it jsut as long as it isnt on the outside IMO.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Yes, go with LineX!! Thats the one I will be using soon myself. My father-in-law got the Rhino and it scrapped off in spots a couple of weeks after he got it.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Teching In

I can go both ways on this subject I think there are pros and cons for both drop in and spray in. Personally I have a drop in becuase it is a truck bed and I don't care about what it looks like under (I won't have the truck longer then a few years) the liner. Again I have had both and it depends on the application.

BTW - My K5 has the interior in Line X... No carpet. But I never clean it so it doesn't matter.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:05 PM
13 Second Truck Club

LineX

Quick Reply: Best Bedliner