Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Being KICKED out of the NAVY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They can't really seperate you for not meeting PT requiements when you're on limited duty. Afterall, that stipulates you won't be involved in PT.

Many moons ago, I was medically discharged and got the MRB automatically. It went through two of three phases and all that may have changed by now, but after losing round two, I threw in the towel. I got 20% from the VA and the NAVY filed the paperwork for me without me doing a thing except asking that they do so on my behalf. The VA cut me down to 10% a few yrs later for missing an appointment they never told me I had. I sent letter after letter to them in attempt to get that back. They never even responded and its still 10% today. I'm thinking about taking up the fight again, as the old injuries are starting to bother me worse than before.

My seperation though, included a single payment of about 10K and I was really unhappy because I'd just handed in my re-enlistment paperwork(choosing next D.S.) before getting hurt and all that went out the window. My bonus was 32K and at the time, that was fairly high.

On to the hauling... man your trip is gonna suck! You're approach is better than before, but that's just too much weight for the lowly braking system of a 1/2 ton vehicle. Engine heat will be a factor for sure, but working brakes are more important. I wish you well, particularly considering the circumstances. Even a flat tire will be a major blow on such a trip in your condition.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My brother got jobbed by the Marines in a similar way. I'm thinking that if anything medical happens to you, they do there level best to get you out. He went to the infirmary to get something for a sore back after combat training school and they basically ran him off immediately after that with some BS technicality saying that he lied on his physical evaluation forms at enlistment which was a complete fabrication. He had to fight like hell just to get an honorable discharge.

I work for an international professional services firm, and looking at how the military treats its people from an HR perspective is almost comical. It's what happens when a giant bureaucracy has the ability to tell you what to do without recourse. Makes me appreciate the guys who go through it all the more. Thanks for your service and good luck. It will all work out for the best.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Truck addict

which inst are these? bumed? bupers? i'll research this cause i know we used to hold people till they were deemed med fit then we gave them the boot. as far as 2 percent over body fat, thats just chicken **** on your commands part. i can tell you don't have a good chief.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by goshawk23
which inst are these? bumed? bupers? i'll research this cause i know we used to hold people till they were deemed med fit then we gave them the boot. as far as 2 percent over body fat, thats just chicken **** on your commands part. i can tell you don't have a good chief.
Since this new no nonsence PT instruction came out most commands are hard asses. The instruction is MILPERSMAN 1910-218. You can pull up the entire thing by searching Yahoo.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

It sounds like a railroad job to me. Two per cent over...you should see some of the AF people (officers) at this base. Have you talked to JAG (or whatever the Navy calls the legal folks) ? The military can be a-holes at times (I was in the Army for three years). Don't just bend over...fight it somehow.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Launching!

You will still be able to claim medical disablility, do not let them screw you, You need to get the VA involved and fill out the forms to claim your disability, go to medical and check out your medical record and make copies of them. Don't let them just keep them, without having a copy for yourself. Also they can not legally seperate you without sending you to TAP class. It sounds to me like you are being hosed. I would definately get as many people involved as possible, Chaplain, Base CO, Base CMC, Your CO, Your CMC, this sounds like crap to me, but anyway make sure to fill out all the paperwork for service related disabilities, it will take a while, but they will have to address the problem, when they do, they will send you a letter saying they have assesed your case and you only qualify for 10% disability, and there will be a small blurb in the bottom that says if you do not appeal within 90 days you will not have another chance to appeal and you accept the 10%. Don't fall for this, they always offer 10% and they wait to send you the paper work so you dont have much time to return it to them. Just make sure to get as many people involved as you can and don't let them screw you. Just dont forget they cannont legally seperate you with out sending you to TAP class. So demand to go to put off the sepearation until after Aug 15. Sorry for the rant just trying to help out. I got out in 01 on my own decesion, but they still screwed me on my disablity because I did not appeal within the 90 day period.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Though I was never military, I worked on Naval Vessels in a shipyard setting. I have definitely seen some personnel with greater than 2% fat.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Silver-Dollar
Though I was never military, I worked on Naval Vessels in a shipyard setting. I have definitely seen some personnel with greater than 2% fat.
your right about that. There are some grosly fat people in the Navy, thats why they are trying to crack down now. I agree with getting rid of the lazy fat people, but the ones just over with a reason should be looked at. I guess its just cheaper to profile all instead of taking time.

Well, I'm in Maryland now on my way to TX. The traffic from Conn. to New Jersey was NUTS! It took me almost 6 hours to go 10 miles!!!!!!!!! Other than that, at least I'm making my way south where I can get some Cracker Barrel and Sweet Tea
Old 06-30-2006, 05:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
I'm making my way south where I can get some Cracker Barrel and Sweet Tea
Can I get an Amen?
Old 06-30-2006, 06:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Amen, Praise the Lord, Pass the basket

Quick Reply: Being KICKED out of the NAVY!!!!