Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

bed liners and covers

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 08:48 AM
.T.
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, is the Linex product have better protection against denting the bed because it's harder?

Checked out the websites for Pace-Edwards, Snugtop and *******. Then a customer came in last night with the retractable cover. It's not what I'm looking for. Those ******* products look pretty sweet but there's no dealers in the NorthEast (those bastards) and I need to be POSITIVE that it doesn't actually say "*******" anywhere on the cover! - I also won't buy a mobile phone that says "Siemen" on it -

Thanks again for the info!
Old 12-07-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would go with a spray in bedliner...

I have tonneau covers on both of my trucks, "LoRider", they are the cheapest that I found and they look pretty good, they look like the snugtop but are taller...
Old 12-07-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've LineX spray in bedliner and a RollnLock cover for 3+ years. Extremely happy with both.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Launching!

I had a Gemtop cover which I like very much except when it came to removing it, it is a 2 man job, the wife couldnt lift it high enough to lift off the bed. GemTop
Old 12-07-2005, 12:25 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alot of guys at SilveradoSS.com have *******'s covers...I like the Speedstur myself. A couple of folks have complained about them bowing up in the heat, and others have complained that the paint chips off the lock cyl, and the rug detatches from the top. (FWIW, the paint has chipped off of the lock of my PE too). If you do a search over there you should find a bunch of info. Even with those problems, I still think they're great looking covers, and I hope to possibly invest in one someday (in the very very distant future)
Old 12-07-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

I have a Snuglid SL and my dad has a ******** X2000 (and it doesn't say ******** anywhere, LOL). Overall, they are about the same as far as features goes, but the finish of the ******** is better. My Snuglid needs a skim coat of bondo to make it really smooth. I also like that the ******** is straight across the back edge, where my Snuglid drops down to cover the holes from where the tailgate shelf was removed.

New site sponsor Stylin' Concepts sells ********.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Addict

i think most gm dealers carry snuglid. If my tonneau didn't friggin rip, i would say i love it. I need a new one too so keep me posted on what you get.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

Old 12-07-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Bedrug and the ******* x2000 - happy with both of them. It did come with an emblem on it, but it peels right off - no problem.

The spray-in is nice because you can color match them and it naturally adds strength to the bed walls.

SnugTop is a genuine GM accessory vendor.

For the over the rail fiberglass hard tops, make sure you know what you are getting. You can get them with the drop flap (such as BlownChevy's in post #4) or with a straight cut
Old 12-07-2005, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

Like snakeoiler said, there is a small emblem/sticker that says ******* on it and it can be easily removed. ******** does have many options so check their site to see what you like best.

Just so you know, I had a ******* dealer about 10 miles from my house and they wanted more for the cover than if I ordered direct from ********. Give them a call and tell them what you want and they can work up a price for you so you know what you are looking at.

Quick Reply: bed liners and covers