Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

This is all a stock Lightning will run ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

01 and 02 make the same power
99-00 are less and slower stock.

My truck runs 8.20's @ 85 in the 1/8
4 lb lower and a chip stock it went 8.68@79
not bad for a 4900 lb dailey driver. What amazes me is the trans works great..Unlike my Camaro

Now I will say what I like best about the Lightning other than the power is it is a total package truck. It takes turns like its on rails and has some amazing brakes. (I out braked a buddy in a 97 Cobra after handing him his *** in a race)
If you get a chance test drive one. You will like it.
Old 02-14-2004, 01:05 PM
12 Second Club

I went 7.94 @ 89.9 / 12.3 @ 111 in my 01 L

It was a nice truck for sure, my Sierra is more of a custom though, which is more my style and better looking IMO. And if I ever get the financial 'ok' to make it a project truck, it will be faster then the L ever was. I'm thinking FLP trans, Eaton posi, Turbo and or nitrous + tune should do the trick
Old 02-14-2004, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slowverado
dude, sincity, you photoshopped the number out of the pic of your truck....yet you still leave that ignorant **** at the bottom of your sig? doesn't really make any sense dipshit.
I did the nice thing and took our argument back offline - I even called you on the phone long distance and had a pleasant conversation until your cell went out of range. You made claims about your quarter mile time and said you'd get me a timeslip. You have my AIM, you have my YM, you probably have my phone number, you know where to PM me, you know where my website is and therefore you know where to e-mail me. You've had since October to put up or shut up, and you still haven't put up.

There's no need to drag this on any further. I really don't care what you run anymore, to me you will always be grouped with all those ricers who saw the Fast & the Furious and suddenly think their Hondas can run 11's because they stuck a wing and a fart can on the back. You threw a few parts on your truck and suddenly think you're king of the internet. Wake up and smell the coffee, even Chevy truck owners from your own forum are bagging on you right and left!
Old 02-14-2004, 02:18 PM
TECH Veteran

what are some good ford forums? i'd like to check out some of there fast trucks, and am curious what they think about chevys. hey guys, dont hate each other. were all american. hate on those foreign trucks and cars
Old 02-14-2004, 02:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SportSide 5.3
what are some good ford forums? i'd like to check out some of there fast trucks, and am curious what they think about chevys. hey guys, dont hate each other. were all american. hate on those foreign trucks and cars
wow,.....ford truck owners hate chevy owners. i just went to fordF150.net
some guy mentioned a stock 5.3 2wd can beat a 5.4 2wd ford, and they jumped all over him. lol
i take back that statement i said earlier about dont hate each other. they hate us, so lets hate them back. and smoke em' while were at it
Old 02-14-2004, 02:41 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SinCityRT
I did the nice thing and took our argument back offline - I even called you on the phone long distance and had a pleasant conversation until your cell went out of range. You made claims about your quarter mile time and said you'd get me a timeslip. You have my AIM, you have my YM, you probably have my phone number, you know where to PM me, you know where my website is and therefore you know where to e-mail me. You've had since October to put up or shut up, and you still haven't put up.

There's no need to drag this on any further. I really don't care what you run anymore, to me you will always be grouped with all those ricers who saw the Fast & the Furious and suddenly think their Hondas can run 11's because they stuck a wing and a fart can on the back. You threw a few parts on your truck and suddenly think you're king of the internet. Wake up and smell the coffee, even Chevy truck owners from your own forum are bagging on you right and left!
I was going to post something, but I figured I'd just wait and let you have at him again since you're so good at making Slowverado look like a moron
I think everyone except Slowverado, for some reason, knows why you had that "ignorant ****" at the bottom of your sig. (Psss...Slow...it's because you thought his dial in number was his 1/4 mile)
I mean ****, look at my sig

Anyway, you could buy a $23k GM truck, put mods into it that would smoke the L, still have a couple grand left over AND have a better looking truck
Don't bring the Silvy SS into the argument, that doesn't count
Old 02-14-2004, 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

you guys are so sensitive about how slow your stock work trucks are. shesh get over it. ofcourse you can make anything fast. ofcourse a 23K silverado used stripped with a blower could outrun a stock lightning. ofcourse i could put a 22K solid roller ls6 on nitrous into a 500 dollar fox body and run insanly fast. so what? cant anyone in here give ford crazy props because they built what you guys have always dreamed of? too bad chevy builds the SS. and they are going for more closely to 32-33K for a 2003 model year because no one bought those bitches.

and here is just one L site with a top drag list.

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=30606

this is actally one of the smaller sites as well. http://www.f150online.net/forums/index.php is another great site with a big L forum.
Old 02-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

I'd take a Silverado SS over a Lighning in a second! Don't get me wrong, I love the Lighnings, but a new Silverado SS in that blue color with charcoal leather and room for 5 is ****! Plus, when it snows, you won't have to leave it in the driveway until it melts. Its really like comparing apples to oranges, and I happen to prefer apples. Have you ever had an Orange Pie? And who doesn't like Apple pie? Oranges are good, but there is alot more you can do with apples!
Old 02-14-2004, 03:51 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gator,
I got a fully loaded SCSB GM truck BRAND NEW for $23K
Ask MacADaYear what he got his NEW GM truck for....
$23K and I could spend $7K and I'll be a hell of a lot faster than an L, look better(yes I know it's my opinion, thank you) and have a couple grand left

~$23K=fully loaded GM truck with a 5.3
~$4K=blower
~$2k=built trans
~$1K=headers
Total $30K and I'm faster, better looking, and cheaper than an L.

Besides, its more fun to build up your truck the way you want instead of just buying it from the dealer.
Old 02-14-2004, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hondadream50
Question

Im looking at to buying a Durmax... Does anyone no what quarter mile it can do? Also will it beat a Lighting and other trucks dodge etc.. with the 95-125 hp tune? thanks steve
With the programme mid to high 14's.
Lightnings... NO
Dodge etc ...YES

Quick Reply: This is all a stock Lightning will run ???