Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

99 LM7 swap into an 05 4.3 V6 GMT800 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some more questions: what is this hose/where does it go to located in the back of the intake manifold. Also I believe this other stuff is all Emissions stuff that I can delete correct? Anyone know a part number for what is the plate that covers where that’s located in the intake manifold? I traced this and i believe it follows the fuel line but it has an electronic connection - what is it???
It’s from the truck not the engine.

This is all emissions stuff that I can remove- correct? If I can and I will what part covers the place in the intake manifold?
What is that hose that is cut at the back of the intake manifold?
Different angle/shot of the cut hose at the back of the intake manifold.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by prican_2000
I traced this and i believe it follows the fuel line but it has an electronic connection - what is it???
It’s from the truck not the engine.
It's the evap solenoid.
The following users liked this post:
prican_2000 (04-18-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 08:56 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

The hose at the back of the intake goes to the brake booster. It's pulls vacuum to the booster.

The part in your hand is the Purge Valve Vent Solenoid. It goes to the top of the intake manifold. It for Emissions. It sucks the fumes from the tank through the charcoal canister.

I don't know what is legal in your state for emission standards. It' doesn't hurt anything and there isn't really a need to remove it.

Now being that your truck is an 05, I will say that the EGR isn't needed and can be removed. They were mostly used in 99-01. I don't think on the 1500 series they were used passed 2002 model year. They sell block off plates or you can use later stuff that does not have that.

I only see one fuel rail and line. The picture doesn't show the rail so I can't see if does or does not have a fuel pressure regulator.
prican_2000 (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 06:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
It's the evap solenoid.
so are you telling me that somehow this^ Evap Solenoid goes to this in the picture below (on the top of the intake manifold)?? but it has an electrical connection - what connects to it? or once I get the correct 03 and up harness it will have an electrical connection for that?
Attached Thumbnails 99 LM7 swap into an 05 4.3 V6 GMT800 Silverado-img_4443.jpg  
Old 04-18-2018, 06:19 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
The hose at the back of the intake goes to the brake booster. It's pulls vacuum to the booster.

The part in your hand is the Purge Valve Vent Solenoid. It goes to the top of the intake manifold. It for Emissions. It sucks the fumes from the tank through the charcoal canister.

I don't know what is legal in your state for emission standards. It' doesn't hurt anything and there isn't really a need to remove it.

Now being that your truck is an 05, I will say that the EGR isn't needed and can be removed. They were mostly used in 99-01. I don't think on the 1500 series they were used passed 2002 model year. They sell block off plates or you can use later stuff that does not have that.

I only see one fuel rail and line. The picture doesn't show the rail so I can't see if does or does not have a fuel pressure regulator.
DAMMIT - the other pics did not load up last night - ok I will reload them again. but concerning the Emissions I live in a rural county in southern Maryland - we don't have emissions testing. so I plan to remove all that stuff out if I can and help clean up the engine bay. (maybe make room for one of those Torqstorm Superchargers )

Reloading pics of the drivers side fuel rail. there is a Part number if that helps: 25343426
Attached Thumbnails 99 LM7 swap into an 05 4.3 V6 GMT800 Silverado-img_4506.jpg   99 LM7 swap into an 05 4.3 V6 GMT800 Silverado-image1.jpeg  
Old 04-18-2018, 06:38 AM
Staging Lane

This is the fuel pressure regulator.

Fastbrick - using your own picture I outlined what I think is the Fuel In and Out can you confirm please. see pic below. If that is correct then I don't have the fuel out on my rail.
Attached Thumbnails 99 LM7 swap into an 05 4.3 V6 GMT800 Silverado-fuel_pressure_regulator_close_up_marcos.jpg  
Old 04-18-2018, 09:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by prican_2000
so are you telling me that somehow this^ Evap Solenoid goes to this in the picture below (on the top of the intake manifold)?? but it has an electrical connection - what connects to it? or once I get the correct 03 and up harness it will have an electrical connection for that?
The hose that you are pointing to attaches to the evap solenoid. The evap solenoid is bolted to the intake manifold.
prican_2000 (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 10:46 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Yes. You are correct. That is the return. The larger line is the feed and the smaller is the return line. Yes. all years had the Evap purge solenoid. The plug would be on every truck or van harness.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:35 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Ok, you see the 2 yellow arrows in the picture bellow? The one is a Feed line which appears to be on the bottom and connected to that rail.

The second is covered by a blue glove. It should look the same with the Black braided hose and the stainless fitting on the end but just a slightly smaller diameter.

Junk yards in general will claim any and everything they can get away with.
The intake could have been swapped by the yard if the old one was damaged. They will always back peddle and claim someone mixed up the tags or labeled something in correctly. The only way to know for sure the year of the engine is to look at the date code. It's cast into the top of the block on the right side above the water pump. It's an alphanumeric code.

Example would be A251

A=January
25 is the day of the week
1 is the year 2001

BTW, I locked the wiring thread. Lets just use this thread for all questions related to your swap. It's difficult going back and forth trying to remember what's posted where. This will keep it simple and easy.

prican_2000 (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, you see the 2 yellow arrows in the picture bellow? The one is a Feed line which appears to be on the bottom and connected to that rail.

The second is covered by a blue glove. It should look the same with the Black braided hose and the stainless fitting on the end but just a slightly smaller diameter.

Junk yards in general will claim any and everything they can get away with.
The intake could have been swapped by the yard if the old one was damaged. They will always back peddle and claim someone mixed up the tags or labeled something in correctly. The only way to know for sure the year of the engine is to look at the date code. It's cast into the top of the block on the right side above the water pump. It's an alphanumeric code.

Example would be A251

A=January
25 is the day of the week
1 is the year 2001

BTW, I locked the wiring thread. Lets just use this thread for all questions related to your swap. It's difficult going back and forth trying to remember what's posted where. This will keep it simple and easy.

OK Funny thing about that pic is that the top yellow arrow is pointing to the Fuel line from the (back) truck - reason I covered it with the rubber glove because we were smoking cigars while removing and reinstalling the engine so I didn’t want the fumes and cigars to interact with each other (BIG BOOM). The bottom yellow arrow is pointing at the fuel line that was cut from the JY and I left it attached to the fuel rail while installing to ensure no damage to it. Soooooooo with that said I only have one fuel line coming from the back of the truck and one fuel line on my fuel rail. Sooooooo I should be able to plug that single fuel line and connect the EVAP purge hoses and be golden - right???

I agree concerning the multiple posts - I created that other one by mistake because I had forgotten that I had created this one. Thanks for locking it.

Ok now onto the engine Alpha-numeric code the castings that I have seen around the motor are the following: 12551358, 12556105, 12560392, and on the heads I see that I have 862 heads.

I will look at the passenger side next to water pump for that 4 digit code. At least for some confirmation, since it appears that I do not had the 99-02 Fuel rails.

Thanks again!