Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

408 popping/ backfire under load

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 12:49 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Tunes dont just magically go bad. If it was fine before and now something is wrong there is a mechanical part that is broken somewhere. Its more the plug wires than the plugs, but since you mention they are so hard to get to I am leaning more that way now (burned plug wire).
Old 04-09-2017, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Tunes dont just magically go bad. If it was fine before and now something is wrong there is a mechanical part that is broken somewhere. Its more the plug wires than the plugs, but since you mention they are so hard to get to I am leaning more that way now (burned plug wire).
Yea maybe one of the waited moved and is touching the header I guess it's time to do the night time rest and look for the spark.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Yep - sounds like it to me. Have had this happen twice - once when the LTs where put on and #1 plug was cracked and recently when my 2 of my supposedly extreme high-temp and costly Granatelli wires gave out (even with a boot).