Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a pic of the blower as it would sit on the truck( bolted on ) thnx
Old 10-15-2010, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Take a pic of the blower as it would sit on the truck( bolted on ) thnx
I will tomorrow. when you hold the head unit up right the blower looks just like the blower does installed on the NNBS pulley at the top and and the port that goes to the intercooler pointing down and right toward the feneder well as you are looking at it. That bracket that is on it makes it look odd. But the head unit has other bolt holes for the other type of bracket.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:15 AM
Staging Lane

So this is standard rotation? Pulley faces front of vehicle?
Old 10-16-2010, 08:00 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by _Adrenaline_
So this is standard rotation? Pulley faces front of vehicle?
Yes it is
Old 10-16-2010, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

What pulley size is on that blower?
Old 10-16-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
From the pics i can see it does look like the unit will need a reclock to work on a NBS truck..
I think John's right. The metal Procharger plate is offset to the left so that indicates that the oil slinger is in the far right position. If you put it on a 99+ truck, you'll need to pop it open and move the oil slinger to the center position. You'll also need to rotate the outlet about 45 degrees clockwise so it points straight down when the unit is stood straight up with the pulley in the 12 o'clock position when you re-assemble it. It's an easy job that only takes about 45 minutes and a little RTV to replace the silicone o-ring (if it tears during disassembly).

You could make the intercooler work in the 99+ trucks but you would need to replace about 80-90% of the cold piping and pick up some silicone reducers. Maybe $150 +/- from eBay.

Rick
Old 10-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick_Vor
I think John's right. The metal Procharger plate is offset to the left so that indicates that the oil slinger is in the far right position. If you put it on a 99+ truck, you'll need to pop it open and move the oil slinger to the center position. You'll also need to rotate the outlet about 45 degrees clockwise so it points straight down when the unit is stood straight up with the pulley in the 12 o'clock position when you re-assemble it. It's an easy job that only takes about 45 minutes and a little RTV to replace the silicone o-ring (if it tears during disassembly).

You could make the intercooler work in the 99+ trucks but you would need to replace about 80-90% of the cold piping and pick up some silicone reducers. Maybe $150 +/- from eBay.

Rick
Thanks Rick, you typed what I didn't feel like. LOL
Old 10-16-2010, 12:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rick_Vor

Rick
Sounds good I see what you guys are talking about now.

I build helicopter engines for a living so I am sure I can get this thing apart and do this if someone buys it for a 99 and up truck I will reclock the blower.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bai78
What pulley size is on that blower?
3.40 pulley
Old 10-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

PMed

Quick Reply: FS procharger P1sc kit