Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

What's next?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What's next?

I've got an essentially stock 2000 silverado 5.3, wondering where to go next with it? The only mod I've got under the hood is a poweraid throttle body spacer, which is a bs mod anyway, cause I've seen no mileage or power increase. Some people have told me the next place to go is to get intake and exhaust, because those gen III V8's will run a lot better if they just breathe a little, but I want to make sure I'll get my money's worth ot of it. Also, does anyone know if a K&N or other aftermarket intake will fit with my throttle body spacer, or am I better off just to sell the throttle body spacer and cull my losses? Thanks
Old 03-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Import Moderator

your probably not gonna get **** for a used TB spacer, there pretty much worthless.
first thing id do is figure out wat you want outta the truck and how much you got to spend, a good start would be an exhaust though, ive been told a couple times the cai's dont make to much of a difference so i just took my stock air box and cut a hole in it. when its all said and done w/e you go wit, GET a tune, youd be suprised wat you can get outta a tune
Old 03-22-2007, 12:48 PM
formerly Moze (2/24/2012)

I'd second that...call Allen Nelson at Nelson Performance and get a tune and mod from there. If you add something (cam, converter, etc.) he'll send you a free retune. His tunes are pricey but he's tuned literally thousands of trucks.

After the tune I would do exactly what you said - get more air to (and out of) the engine. I would get a cold air intake system and headers.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Aight, I appreciate that. yeah, and as for that throttle body spacer, I was just hoping I could get 30-50 bucks back for it, that was arguably one of the dumbest investments that I've ever made. As for the cai's, I've heard pretty much the same, but I'm just trying to get some stuff done to the truck that won't kill the mileage and will give it a little more get-up. I guess the first thing on my list is getting a job to afford all the stuff I want to get done to my truck. Thanks