Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

What to do to my truck?? SC or swap?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 08:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The truck is in pieces right now. But once it is done sometime in late december, there will be alot of surprised people.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slowprocess
You don't think so, eh?
i ment just the swap and some basic boltons like i/e. if bigredchevy has enough money to get everything u got then id say ya go for it...

but i still bet the mileage is worst
Old 11-09-2004, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LTNKLR01
The truck is in pieces right now. But once it is done sometime in late december, there will be alot of surprised people.
What brand blower did you use to run the 12.6? I see you had E,HDR,I,TQ-3000,H,C,3.73,ECM, & SC. That's pretty much my list of mods as well, with the exception of the blower. I'm not stuck at a 12.67 by any means. This was the first time at the track this year, and I'm still "very" conservative on the launch with the stock g80. No excuses here, I'm just trying to put into perspective how much money it takes to equal the two, and durability issues. I think that has been the discussion here. I would imagine I'm well under your costs, especially considering the price of the radix as opposed to a 6.0L block.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by hyper
i ment just the swap and some basic boltons like i/e. if bigredchevy has enough money to get everything u got then id say ya go for it...

but i still bet the mileage is worst
No arguing that! I'll take my 14mpg and run with it.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LTNKLR01
I'm ready for a 4.8L in the 11s. Good luck to you!
Old 11-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

I say 6.0L I dont think your gas mileage will decrease much if you drive the same. I have a 5.3 in a regular cab 2wd and when i tell people i get 16-21 mpg they dont believe me. I got such a good deal on my truck because the dealer i bought it from could not sell it. they said that everyone that saw it didnt want it cause of the Bigger engine. Well I happily took it for 10k and love my gas mileage. the way i see it the more hp you have (to a point) the better the HP to weight ratio so it takes less to move the truck. but as people have said with more power the heavier your foot gets.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Slow, what kind of shoes are you using to get traction down for that light truck?

Andrew
Old 11-10-2004, 12:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by agreif
Slow, what kind of shoes are you using to get traction down for that light truck?

Andrew
I'm using BF Goodrich G-Force T/A Drag Radials on stock Tahoe wheels. I'm only launching at 1000rpms. On my best run, my 60ft was 1.849. I pulled a better 60ft, but the stock rearend let my one tire go, and it spun. I had success at a 1000rpm soft launch, but didn't get to try out many different things at the Shootout, so I'm heading to the track Saturday night to play around with a few different launches.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:01 AM
Teching In

Slow, will my stock tranny hold up with your mods? You have got to be up in the high 400 hp range arent you?
Old 11-10-2004, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bigredchevy
Slow, will my stock tranny hold up with your mods? You have got to be up in the high 400 hp range arent you?
I'm thinking I'm dancing around the 400rwhp range. I don't think a stocker would hold up. I know alot of guys around here blow out stock 4l60e trannies with bolt ons. I think with a cooler and shift kit, and not beating on it very often, it would hold for a while, at least until you get a built one. I've heard from several people that a charger on a motor will eat up a tranny too, so any way you look at it, you'll probably end up needing one. By the way, I love my Team Tripp! It shifts so freakin smooth!

Quick Reply: What to do to my truck?? SC or swap?