Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victor Jr. and 4bbl. TB pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, steel fuel lines are a major pain in the ***!
Old 01-01-2007, 09:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, its about 9:30 and so far this morning I have fixed the fuel leak, done 4 of the injector plugs, plumbed the pcv and all that crap, hooked up throttle cable, don't have the piece for the cruise cable, and I guess all I have left now is the last 4 injector plugs.....hands got cold had to come in for a break. It's almost done....I think.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Resident

Just curious what kind of power is that setup capable of fueling and how about tunability?
Old 01-01-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

he is capable of fueling I would say atleast 750rwhp?

Well the maniold is going to help but your heads are still a choker!!!! Briles come on I know you know better then to choke the chicken to hard.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lets get an update on this!! we are all interested........
Old 01-04-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not much to update. i only know alittle wasnt their but have talked to rhino a few times on the phone.

They ran into a bad injector problem and a hard line/AN fitting leaking.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onebadrubi
Not much to update. i only know alittle wasnt their but have talked to rhino a few times on the phone.

They ran into a bad injector problem and a hard line/AN fitting leaking.

thats an update, just not what we want to hear...nor rhino for that matter...

but keep us posted when it gets back together...i know a lot of use are interested in how this mod performs....

thanks

Todd
Old 01-04-2007, 08:13 PM
9 Second Club

O.k., here's whats going on now. Intake and TB are on, truck cranked right up, 1 injector not working right. Another injector is on the way, as well as some braided hose to plumb from the y block to the rails and for the return line from the fuel pressure regulator. There is also a "whistling" sound coming from somewhere, can here in the cab driving, under the hood, but loudest under the truck, so I suspect there is a vaccum leak somewhere towards the rear of the engine on either the EVAP plumbing, Brake booster hose, or something else like that. Other than that all is good, and once the injector and braided hose is on, (probably sunday), I'm pretty sure finding the "whistle" won't take long. Here are a few pics of everything along with some highlights showing some of the stuff required to make it work:

Here's a pic of the air cleaner base with the IAT sensor plumbed in. I just snipped of the MAF plug and used the tan and black wires and hooked up to the IAT sensor:

Here is the MAP sensor connected thru the provided fitting in the side of the manifold with a hose, there is supposed to be a supplied hose, but not one in the box with this one.....I do not leave it up like this, just pulled up for pic, its tucked down by the fuel rail:

Heres a pic of the extended TPS and IAC wires, just cut and extend by about 8" or so. Directly plugs into the Edelbrock TB.

Heres a pic of the throttle cable bracket/linkage setup, I just rigged up a hook up for the TB end of it for now until I can find a cable that will work like I need.....maybe one of those Lokar universal cables....will find out soon. As far as the bracketry, the supplied brackets work fine for the throttle and cruise cables, you just need to get the appropriate stud/hookups for the TB end. I know Holley makes a piece for the GM cruise design. I didn't have one, so there is no cruise hooked up right now:

Heres a pic of the whole assy minus the air cleaner from a distance:

Here are a coulple of pics with the breather on there:

Here is a pic of how close the breather is to the top of the firewall, there is about a 1/4" clearance with this standard 14x3" K&N assy. Might could use a drop base cleaner design, not sure.

I will get video as soon as it is up an running right!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:52 PM
FormerVendor

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about!!!!
Great work guys.
Thanks Rhino for posting pics of this mod. I'm relieved to see that it fits under the hood and that the engine starts and idles with the Edelbrock ttb. I'll be watching your progress from here.

Good luck with this.

Richard
Old 01-04-2007, 10:00 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks Richard! The only thing I can see intially that will have to be changed in the idle tuning is the Desired Airflow table......with the 4bbl, it doesn't need quite as much help from the IAC now. Respone was CRISP, even with just 7 cyl. The parts are on the way so Sunday it should be done!

Quick Reply: Victor Jr. and 4bbl. TB pics