Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

truck is to loud after Lt's back exhaust...... HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Where our street cars are faster than your racecars..Mississippi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question truck is to loud after Lt's back exhaust...... HELP

i have a 6.oL in my CC and i have pacesetter LT's with a ORY and 5x8 oval 18" body 2.5in and dual 2.5out Magnaflow on it now.... i had the LT's and ORY with stock muffler and it was fine but i wanted a little more sound... but just adding the Magnaflow it is to loud and has to much DROWN while cruising on the interstate....

my question is what is a QUIETER muffler 3" in/out than my Magnaflow but still sounds good... IMO Magnaflow is the best sounding exhaust... and would a 5x11 oval 22" body 3" in/out be quieter than my 5x8x18 2.5 in 2.5 dual out ENOUGH to buy it and have it installed?

if i could get RIGHT IN BETWEEN OEM AND WHAT I HAVE NOW WOULD BE PERFECT
Old 11-22-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a DI/DO 3" Magnaflow, and couldn't be happier. It is a 12599, and my old exhaust was a Corsa.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
I have a DI/DO 3" Magnaflow, and couldn't be happier. It is a 12599, and my old exhaust was a Corsa.
5'' x 11'' Oval Muffler 22" long.... kinda what i am wanting.... how is the drown cruising... can you hear it ?
Old 11-22-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

i liked my maganflow but sold it because i got the corsa. now i have my pacestter lts,ory going into a 3" dynomax then going to my tbss muffler, i couldnt be more happier. and it sounds extremly wicked. i love it, the best yet for me. but my magnaflow had stupid drone, of course it was a 14" as well
Old 11-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i run lt's with no cats and a 22" magnaflow di/do which sounds absolutley perfect , no drone or anything, just a nice sound while cruising and pretty loud at wot
Old 11-22-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

all ya'll are running them OUT the truck right.... right now mine are dumped under the bed... with plans of exiting out factory location ASAP
Old 11-22-2010, 08:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have barely and drone at all. I run mine straight out the back with 4" tips. I would make an exhaust clip for you, but my cell phone does it no justice, and that is all i have for a video.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:47 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i run a magnaflow 5x11 case 22 or 24 long i cant remember
run out stock location but cut some off so it cant be seen
no drone or issue with noise...my tires are louder than my exhaust on the interstate at 75
Old 11-22-2010, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by denali_on_26's
i have a 6.oL in my CC and i have pacesetter LT's with a ORY and 5x8 oval 18" body 2.5in and dual 2.5out Magnaflow on it now.... i had the LT's and ORY with stock muffler and it was fine but i wanted a little more sound... but just adding the Magnaflow it is to loud and has to much DROWN while cruising on the interstate....

my question is what is a QUIETER muffler 3" in/out than my Magnaflow but still sounds good... IMO Magnaflow is the best sounding exhaust... and would a 5x11 oval 22" body 3" in/out be quieter than my 5x8x18 2.5 in 2.5 dual out ENOUGH to buy it and have it installed?

if i could get RIGHT IN BETWEEN OEM AND WHAT I HAVE NOW WOULD BE PERFECT
MANGLED03GMC told me about the edelbrock diesel muffler.its got 4" in and 4" out you can get adapters to drop it to the size you need.i did it with a bone stock 5.3 and made the whole unit short enough to fit right into where to factory muffler was and used the factory tail pipe and hangars as well.gotta cut the hangers off the old stuff and re-weld it to a different position.it sounds great.only drones at 2,000 rpm go a hundred above or below and its gone completely. and it is definately free flowing.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:34 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A tailpipe(s) will make all the difference in the world...my current exhaust was whisper quiet when it was duals out under the rear bumper. Removed the tailpipes and dumped it under the bed and it was like I put a completely different exhaust on it, hella louder. Gutted the cats and it's almost obnoxious now.

BTW, for future reference...

Drown = when your lungs fill with water and you can no longer breathe and proceed to death...

Drone = Exhaust resonance into the cabin of the vehicle at a certain given RPM

Quick Reply: truck is to loud after Lt's back exhaust...... HELP