Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 12:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Traction Problems!!!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> hey sprayedsierra, how much did the the eaton posi installed cost ya, if u dont mind me asking
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The posi unit was $350 and the bearing and installation kit was another $100, i installed it myself.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

well how much do u think it would be to install it?
Old 10-05-2002, 02:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TX_Silverado:
<strong>Well we wanna stay away from traction bars...more weight and gives away that were prob not stock if were having traction probs

Brent(Sprayin4.8) I wasnt sayin u had more i was just using our race as an example...to clear everything up he normally sprays yes...but when we raced he was running hypertech engine tuning his cutouts open and homeade intake and i had the jum...oh yah hes reg cab and we were ext</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well on the traction bars: i dont think they weigh too much. and who cares about the stock look thing, can u even see em?
on the race: i dont think a extcabs gonna beat a regcab. usually doesnt happen if the race is long(atleast to 80)
Old 10-05-2002, 03:44 AM
Staging Lane

hey jimmy wasnt tring to say your were talking trash about the race. just letting everyone know that is was reg vs ext and that it was motor vs motor. i know i will be out tomorrow night if things go right. if you decide to head out racing give me a call. also you might want to check the hpp3.... if you have everything tuned all the way up that could also be the problem b/c you might not have shift points right or to much of something. i know it took me about 3 retunes to get shift points exactly were i wanted them and needed them so i dont peel out. i never have a traction problem on motor off the line or shifting from any gear. if you want some help tuning it or checking the tuning just let me know. i would the the traction bars would help. i am thinking of making or buying some some for the truck so i can spray out of the hole but i need tires and rear end first. i think they would help more than hurt you. maybe you should drop spare tire and not stall up as much. droping spare will help in the big end b/c of weight loose. just a few ideas for you to think about. you got my cell number so give me a call anytime if you need help with anything or if you want to try some home made ideas that we come up with around here that seem to work very good and are cheaper than most parts you buy on line.

brent
Old 10-05-2002, 11:37 AM
Launching!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hyperlite:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TX_Silverado:
<strong>Well we wanna stay away from traction bars...more weight and gives away that were prob not stock if were having traction probs

Brent(Sprayin4.8) I wasnt sayin u had more i was just using our race as an example...to clear everything up he normally sprays yes...but when we raced he was running hypertech engine tuning his cutouts open and homeade intake and i had the jum...oh yah hes reg cab and we were ext</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well on the traction bars: i dont think they weigh too much. and who cares about the stock look thing, can u even see em?
on the race: i dont think a extcabs gonna beat a regcab. usually doesnt happen if the race is long(atleast to 80)</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you can see mine plain as day. however i had traction problems stock so i guess people could assume that i'm stock. also, i think the caltraks are pretty stealth. they're black and not like typical traction bars. oxidizr has a picture of them on his site if you wanna find em. this is crazyidiot4.8 by the way. just on a friends computer

<small>[ October 05, 2002, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: ZeroG10201 ]</small>
Old 10-06-2002, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey SPRAYEDSIERRA could you post how to install the posi. I can get the cover off and remove brakes and axles, but how do you shim it and how did you check tolerance and stuff, are you a mechanic or just enthusiast? You make it sound like it wasn't too hard, maybe I will try it myself.