Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

TR 220 is in and DAMMMMMMN

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 06:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang man. thats a 12 second setup you got there.

good luck! you might get the fastest 5.3 n/a
Old 11-02-2004, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Well Boys,
Please forgive any pissing and moaning from some of the guys on DTW as some most of us are really disappointed by the lack of any REAL tuning ability that leaves us at a real disadvantage. So you can understand why a lot of us on DTW really like the spray, as it is the only real Horsepower mod available to us at this time.
Those ARE some real killer #'s on that 5.3, Congrats!
Oh and as far as those missing threads are concerned, Check the General Discussion Forum as the Moderators over there tend to move a lot of ( what they call ) unrelated threads to that Forum.

Again, Killer #'s on your 5.3, I am so envious of yall's tuning abitlity! Bring on HemiEdit!

TJ
Old 11-02-2004, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MrDestinE
Well Boys,
Please forgive any pissing and moaning from some of the guys on DTW as some most of us are really disappointed by the lack of any REAL tuning ability that leaves us at a real disadvantage. So you can understand why a lot of us on DTW really like the spray, as it is the only real Horsepower mod available to us at this time.
Those ARE some real killer #'s on that 5.3, Congrats!
Oh and as far as those missing threads are concerned, Check the General Discussion Forum as the Moderators over there tend to move a lot of ( what they call ) unrelated threads to that Forum.

Again, Killer #'s on your 5.3, I am so envious of yall's tuning abitlity! Bring on HemiEdit!

TJ
Cool. Like I said over there, you guys are welcome over here anytime. I'm very impressed with your truck. Some of the guys over there are really a pain in the butt, though. We really had no idea topics not pertaining to hemis weren't welcome. We weren't trying stir up anything over there. Maybe you guys will get some tuning programs really soon.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

MrDestinE
Welcome
Folks here are pretty easy going,you failed to mention to these guys your wife drives a 5.3.You can learn alot here about making the right parts selection and making the most out of your $.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Thankx Guys,
Yea, Wifey is always talking that she is gonna spank my butt but she won't let me mod it any... It is Her truck, she paid for it and put the 20's on it, then I lowered the back of it just to level it. Looks good but that is all she wants to do to it. FINE! more mod money for ME!!!! LOL Yea right, maybe in 20 years when someone finally cracks the PCM and we can get the mods we do have available to really work!

TJ
Old 11-03-2004, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

Anyone know why the HP/Torque curves don't cross at 5250?
Old 11-03-2004, 09:32 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc_w
Anyone know why the HP/Torque curves don't cross at 5250?
because the hp and tq scales aren't the same. look at the hp on the left. it tops out at 400. the tq scale tops out at 350.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:37 AM
TECH Addict

UHG. I hate reading dyno's!

I didn't catch that. For as long as I can remember, I've always looked at the numbers on the left.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Launching!

Well I made it to the track tonight for test and tune. Made 7 passes with the best being a 13.137@102.57. Best 60ft was only a 1.88 There is so much left in this cam, but im all tapped out on the bottom side. I dont have nearly enough gear for this cam. I am going to swap to 4.56s here shortly which should help my 60ft. I may see a 12.9?? with a little cooler weather and a little more tuning of the suspension. I am starting to have trouble with traction now. Would it be better to go with a bigger converter and keep the 3.73s or go with the 4.56s and leave the yank 3000
Old 11-04-2004, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

i would look into a smaller, higher stall converter. 4.56s might be overkill, depending on tire size. i think, 4.10s would be fairly optimum with 28" tires. someone correct me on this is they've seen better gains at the track with lower gears than 4.10's. Anyhow, i would look into the converter because it doesnt seem like you use the truck much for towing. The Yanks have great resale on them.

Quick Reply: TR 220 is in and DAMMMMMMN