Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

TBSS/NNBS 2005 LQ9 Intake swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 11:12 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Does anyone have any pics? Also, should there be a PCV valve in the intake for the passenger side valve cover vent, or does this hose just go directly into the intake?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:47 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
Does anyone have any pics? Also, should there be a PCV valve in the intake for the passenger side valve cover vent, or does this hose just go directly into the intake?
You don't want vacuum on the passenger side valve cover as it is the fresh air "in" to the crank case. You can tap for that somewhere before the throttle body
Old 10-12-2011, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

If your talking about pics of the map sensor, look closely at this and you can see what im talking about, goes across the back to hold it in. Dont know where to get one, but if you find out let me know..
Complete Intake Manifold Assembly Chevy 6.2L 6.0L 5.3L | eBay

And the pcv is in the drivers valve cover, so yes you just need a hose from that port to the top intake, and the pcv intake on the pass side valve cover moves to the intake tube somehow since you lost the port on the TB for it..
Old 10-12-2011, 01:26 PM

I tried talking to someone at the parts department for a local dealership and they were worthless... I think I'm gonna rig something up to make the MAP sensor stick in there better. Any thoughts on how to get the PCV out of the stock intake and into the new one? I may try to get this done tomorrow night.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by skolman91
There is a little clip/strap that goes across the back of the map that holds it in. I didnt have this and knew i wasnt gonna be running boost so i just used some rtv to help seal it and keep it on there. The top pcv elbow that goes on the center hole wouldnt come off my stock intake for me, broke it in the process so i hope you have a way to fix that issue.
Then comes injector adapters, i got those from fiveomotorsport. And you will also need a way to adapt the evap if you are keeping that..
Did you just get a replacement PCV valve at an autoparts store, or did you have to order it through GM? I'm going to tackle this tonight and I really want to make sure I have everything nailed down!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
Did you just get a replacement PCV valve at an autoparts store, or did you have to order it through GM? I'm going to tackle this tonight and I really want to make sure I have everything nailed down!
yes i ended up going to the parts store and getting a plastic elbow and plastic welding it on there. I couldnt find anyway to get the old one off, maybe you will have better luck. Just rem that the very top elbow part of it will break off easy..
Old 10-14-2011, 09:37 AM

I got the intake on last night but I migh tbe having some issues with my X-link

I hope not, but we'll see. I'm still working on the tune, but this thing runs pretty strong. I can't wait to really uncork it and get a nice run from a stop to the top of second gear.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you cut the pink wire? Not sure it you have to or not, but I would look into that.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:42 PM

I didn't... and for a TBSS throttle body with the gold blade I shouldn't have to. For all I know there isnt really a problem... but I doubt its a coincidence I got that code and wen tto reduced power mode the first time I went WOT with this intake/TB.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:11 PM

I think I'm having issued with my intake again. I have a really rough start, and when I pull my gas cap off the truck runs rough as well. I no longer run the Evap and all those vodes are turned off in the tune. I was pointed in this direction by a fellow member, and I really need to get this figured out because its a PITA!!! I simply plugged the vacuum line onto the correct spot on the new intake, but I dont know if thats all I need to do...

Can someone else help me out here? Here are some pics of how it currently looks.
Attached Thumbnails TBSS/NNBS 2005 LQ9 Intake swap-evap-1-small.jpg   TBSS/NNBS 2005 LQ9 Intake swap-evap-2-small.jpg   TBSS/NNBS 2005 LQ9 Intake swap-evap-3-small.jpg  

Quick Reply: TBSS/NNBS 2005 LQ9 Intake swap