Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Superchargers + related mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 06:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchargers + related mods

Just looking for some educated advice. Which supercharger and why? I see alot of people in here with the Radix, and the Whipple brands. Anyone have experience with Paxton or Vortex, or even Powerdyne? I know some cost more for some good resons, possible addition of an intercooler maybe would be why. What mods go best with a supercharger? Long tube headers, cat back exhaust? How about Predator or Ls1 edit? I will be starting my build up in the coming months and need some good info. I will keep post going on the progress. It will be fairly slow at first. Thanks everyone!!
Old 07-27-2003, 06:52 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Superchargers + related mods

my vote for the best blower out there right now is the radix. if whipple makes an intercooler of some kind my vote would probably change, the whipple has a bigger compresor and the twin screw style is suppose to be more efficient that the roots style that the radix has but no intercooler is a big negative.

i am not a big fan of any of the centrafugal(?)(vortech, paxton, ati, powerdyne) types unless you are looking at a drag only truck, the lack of low end boost takes some of the daily driving fun part away.

headers would be my first next mod with a blower but good tuning is a close 2nd.
Old 07-27-2003, 07:59 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Radix Radix Radix. Most other mods will compliment any supercharger.
Old 07-27-2003, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

I agree with Parish, the Radix really wakes up the trucks down low, its exactly what they need. A centrifugal just isn't the right SC for that application.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

With a Stall my ATI keeps me plenty happy
The ati and vortech kits are complimeted well with a 3000k stall
The Radix is a nice kit but some big dollars too
How much do you wanna spend?

Old 07-27-2003, 10:16 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heavy 4wd also makes a good case for the radix, pleanty of traction and lots of weight to get moving.

a lightweight 2wd might not even be able to use the grunt a radix/whipple puts out so the lack of low end from a ati with all the power coming on a little later might work well.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

For day to day performance I would say go with the Radix. If you plan on doing some engine work and you visit your local dragstrip often, the centrifugal probably has more HP potential.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

The radix kit makes it a total blast to drive. I promised the guy who helped me do all the install work to my truck, he played a MAJOR part in it, and was a BIIIIG help to the install. I haven't let him drive it yet .. just cause I like driving it so much. Everyone's right .. it really wakes the truck up!
Old 07-28-2003, 08:36 AM
TECH Veteran

my vote for the best blower out there right now is the radix. if whipple makes an intercooler of some kind my vote would probably change, the whipple has a bigger compresor and the twin screw style is suppose to be more efficient that the roots style that the radix has but no intercooler is a big negative.

i am not a big fan of any of the centrafugal(?)(vortech, paxton, ati, powerdyne) types unless you are looking at a drag only truck, the lack of low end boost takes some of the daily driving fun part away.

headers would be my first next mod with a blower but good tuning is a close 2nd.
Sounds like the Radix gets the nod. Will the kit work fine with a stock truck? Will I have to do any mods prior to install? I guess from what I have seen on this site the Radix has the best engineered kit out there. The most complete and cleanest install. About how much did the kit cost? I know ... alot of questions sorry. Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2003, 03:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

I got that, a set of TOG headers and a sway bar kit for my truck for around 6000. I would get some transmission work done before or soon after you get the blower put on. The added power will eat your shift servos and your clutch packs.

Quick Reply: Superchargers + related mods