Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stacks

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Stacks

Well, I love the look of stacks, but my truck is a 6.0l gasser. What do you think? I've only read bashing of people who put stacks on gas trucks. My thought it's a style item no matter what way you look at it on a pickup truck, so why does it matter? I'm looking at 4" turnouts mounted about 45 degrees to the outside. Just wonder if its going to be louder, it is now. And I have three kids that have to ride in the back seat.
Stacks-iphone-pics-172.jpg

Stacks-iphone-pics-182.jpg
Old 07-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO that is the ghettoest(not a word) in the world to do, might as well put stick on scoops while your at it LOL. Yes stacks look good on some trucks(diesel) ones.. They just do not belong on gas trucks..Just my opinion
Old 07-25-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

oversize exhaust will sound like ****, as well.

dump it over the axle
Old 07-25-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
IMO that is the ghettoest(not a word) in the world to do, might as well put stick on scoops while your at it LOL. Yes stacks look good on some trucks(diesel) ones.. They just do not belong on gas trucks..Just my opinion
agreed^ waste of money IMO
Old 07-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Launching!

I would have to agree with the others. Putting stacks on a gasser is like putting SS badges on a honda, just wouldnt be right.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

So like my initial post states, only one person provided any actual helpful advice stating it will sound bad. Everyone else just said they think its dumb because its not a diesel. The trucks look the same, not like they are styled differently. So therefor it can not "look" better or worse on a diesel or gasser.

I've kinda let the idea go, other things I'd like to spend the money on first. Thought I would run it by the keyboard commandos here to see what the critics think. Guess I found out.

I don't like the lick and stick hood scoops either though. So I agree with you there.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyglon
Well, I love the look of stacks, but my truck is a 6.0l gasser. What do you think? I've only read bashing of people who put stacks on gas trucks.
You did ask what we thought about the looks of them...

Well as stated it will prob sound bad.. If you are looking for sound just go duals to the back, with 4 inch tails.. As for the style of the stacks on a gasser it is principle.. Stacks do not fit gas trucks style. It is diesel thing.. As far as any proof to back that up, I doubt your going get a bunch as there are prob very little gas trucks with stacks..
Old 07-25-2010, 05:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyglon
Everyone else just said they think its dumb because its not a diesel.
If it makes you feel any better, I think stacks look totally dumb/out of place/ridiculous on ANY pickup truck, regardless of what engine it has.

I'd think it would have to at least "sound" louder in the cab if they exit right behind your ears, or your kids' ears...

Although I must admit that when I am riding my motorcycle, I'd much rather be next to one of those jackasses with pipes that blow the soot straight up, as opposed to right into my face, lol.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:01 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stacks are gay on gas trucks.

But so are those big bull stacks those cummins tards run.

One nice mitered cut stack is where its at.

Quick Reply: Stacks