Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ss silverado

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ss silverado

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by KeukaZ71:
<strong> i just got back from the body shop of my silverado dealer. i was talking to one of the guys there about the ss silverado. there was a posting here at this forum a while back that it might not be in production in 2003, and then there was a post just recently that someone saw one on the road and noticed it's stance to look very similar to the regular 1500. i found out that it is not lowered, but has 20" wheels to fill the space so it appears lower. it has the z-82 road suspension. i believe you find this on the avalanche as well. the gauge face is white. looks pretty cool. it is the same as the north face edition of the avalanche. i guess the manufacture is claiming 345 hp. i don't know, looks nice, but starting at $40,000. you can build a faster truck and better looking for cheaper. don't get me wrong, i wouldn't mind having one, but wouldn't be too practical for me. i beat the **** out of my Z71 on the off road. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">First mistake was talking to the MORONS (usually) in the body shop. These are NORMALLY the guys that wanted to build engines but werent bright enough, so they had to pursue anotehr trade. LOL Anyway, If you are going to list specifications about a ehicle, you had better check your sources first.

The Silverado SS IS Lowered (1.5" in front & 2" in back ((no leaf block))) It has an OPTION of the Z82 towing package, however the sport suspension is called a Z60 suspension which comes standard. Although I wish Chevy had brought out this SS, which is the first of many SS trucks to come, with more HP. You cant build a better all around truck for less money. Once you start modding the truck to the 2004 Lightning (500hp+) or the 2004 SRT-10 levels, the SS will blow them off the road. One Reason, AWD.

I had one on orer, but decided to wait, cause Chevy will be bring ing out the Single Cab in 2004 and also raising performance on the Ext Cab version too. All in all though, it is a decent truck...just lacks straight line get up and go compared to "sport" trucks from the other BIG 2 manufacturers.