Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Spark Plugs!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go to a store to buy it, don't have them search by your truck. Just tell them you need a set of NGK TR55. No reason to get into an argument with them for no reason.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:04 PM
no title here

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a guy tell me that my sparg plug selection was a bad choice....I said really? He said yeah I run $8 a piece plugs in mine, I said that sounds like a good idea for you but I have run NGK TR 55s in the last several vehicles I have had, no if you would be so kind as to STFU and go get the plugs I said I wanted....then he still disagreed with my choice for plugs. Dumbass, I hate it when people argue with you and you are the person buy the goods.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

LOL. When I went to get mine I was asked if the plugs were for a lawn mower
Old 07-28-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol you gotta love it, most parts houses hire retards that know little or nothing about cars, my favorite is when you ask for a part and they ask you about something else on the car that has nothing to do with the part you asked about "i need a set of brake pads, ok what kind of transmission..." lol they're just robots reading what that computer screen says, most of the time ill walk right past an idiot and just get on the computer myself, although ive gotten good at it, some employees still get mad!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by viciousknid
If you go to a store to buy it, don't have them search by your truck. Just tell them you need a set of NGK TR55. No reason to get into an argument with them for no reason.
Yep, I here that. Most of the people they hire at them stores are total idiots. Tellem what you want not what they go in or on.. I got into a argument with this toolbag, when I told him I needed a timing cover gasket for a sbc, he needed to know the years, if it had ac, 4x4, this and that, I am just blurted out a year and he said it wouldn't work, I am like wtf, got a lil pissed, anyway enough of my rant....

John
Old 07-28-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THAT CRAP!!!! its like geee lemme think its a gen 1 sbc THEY'RE ALL THE SAME!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Yep, I here that. Most of the people they hire at them stores are total idiots. Tellem what you want not what they go in or on.. I got into a argument with this toolbag, when I told him I needed a timing cover gasket for a sbc, he needed to know the years, if it had ac, 4x4, this and that, I am just blurted out a year and he said it wouldn't work, I am like wtf, got a lil pissed, anyway enough of my rant....

John
well that's because a timing gasket from a 03 5.3 4x4 with 4:10's and leather seats won't fit on an 05 6.0 t56 with a roll pan and Hid's
Old 07-28-2008, 09:47 PM
no title here

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is some funny ****. I used to work at Advance Auto Parts when I was in high school and there were a couple that worked there that knew their ****. But they are very few and far between. I do like a lot og you and just walk in and say what I need.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:24 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, when I went to the dealer recently to pick up a rear diff gasket for tdrumm's truck, the guy behind the counter started his search in the computer and said "oh boy, I'm going to need alot of info, there's like 10 different choices". I said, "it's the same 10 bolt pattern they've been using for years". He seemed very confused....so I gave him the vin and let the computer take it from there.

The aftermarket stores are definitely worse though...if I can get a part number first I always do that to avoid the argument about what I need...and why.

Man, this thread's really taken a turn from where it started...
Old 07-29-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

ok believe it or not i went to my local autozone and walked up and asked for ngk tr55's. The dude typed it in the computer, it said they had them, and he walked back and got em! simple enough, its a first, but the ones they had are v-power... he said they were copper plugs but they were the v power ones no one her has said anything about the v groove ones.... oh well i guess

Quick Reply: Spark Plugs!!!