Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

SMC kit problem, need help asap, attn Ranwalk

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SMC kit problem, need help asap, attn Ranwalk

I drilled a hole in my whipple inlet to install the SMC kit just like ranwalk and some others did. Well, I don't know how they did it because the injector isn't long enough for the threads to reach the other side. What do I do?
Old 09-30-2004, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I had my brother install my smc he had the same problem. He ground the elbow down flat till he had it thin enough then if I remember correctly used jb weld on the inside to help hold the nozzle in place. I quickly took some pictures & posted them on my picture trail album . this is the picture of the nozzle.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Luckily I was able to cap the hole temporarily. I spoke to Mark? at SMC and he's sending me a different nozzle. Thank God! I stripped the **** out of the one I have trying to make it fit. I borrowed my buddies Avalanche and drove to every hardware, auto parts, and plumming store I could think of looking for a new one. Noone had a frigin clue where to get one. I guess it will have to wait till next week.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
Luckily I was able to cap the hole temporarily. I spoke to Mark? at SMC and he's sending me a different nozzle. Thank God! I stripped the **** out of the one I have trying to make it fit. I borrowed my buddies Avalanche and drove to every hardware, auto parts, and plumming store I could think of looking for a new one. Noone had a frigin clue where to get one. I guess it will have to wait till next week.
I went through similiar delays with my kit. Most were caused by the hurricane, but it was worth the wait. Im very happy with my kit. Keep us updated as to how much boost and timing you are able to run.