Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In seek of better mileage..

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

93 Tune Didnt really help my mpgs at all. probably cause these heavy *** tires and rims.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cknox121
93 Tune Didnt really help my mpgs at all. probably cause these heavy *** tires and rims.
Who did the tune?
Old 02-01-2012, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71
Yeah, a tune will definitely help! I picked up a few mpg in city and highway. You do have a 6.0, so don't expect to get what the 5.3's do.
Looks like im getting tuned then haha
Old 02-01-2012, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by La SS
Looks like im getting tuned then haha
Your not tuned??? do you reset your DIC when you fill up? If i dont reset mine it shows a rolling average over how long it's been averaging. I like to reset mine each fill up so i can keep an eye on things. If i consistently get lower mileage i know something is wrong and can start from there.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
Your not tuned??? do you reset your DIC when you fill up? If i dont reset mine it shows a rolling average over how long it's been averaging. I like to reset mine each fill up so i can keep an eye on things. If i consistently get lower mileage i know something is wrong and can start from there.

Not every time i fill up, bu ti have reset it before and that's when it went to 12.5 so Im scared itll drop again lol. And nah man not yet might get a jake tune within this next month.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by MyLS1Hauls
25? Sorry, not gonna happen...An LLY Duramax is lucky to get over 19 on the hwy at 70...stock or tuned.

And 24-25 in the common rail Dodge Cummins?...No way.

If anyone is getting 20mpg+ with a Silverado in any configuration, you're doing better than 99.9% of the people out there. I have never personally seen ANY gas Silvy get over 20hwy in my life...And I've ridden in/owned dozens over the years.
I beg to differ.. My brothers 06 Mega got 24 + mpg on a daily basis with an EFI Live tune, 5inch downpipe back and 35s with a leveling kit. Otherwise basically stock.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71
Yeah, a tune will definitely help! I picked up a few mpg in city and highway. You do have a 6.0, so don't expect to get what the 5.3's do.
What he has to realize also is the performance gains behind a 6.0. Be it LQ9 or LQ4. Compared to the 5.3, its miles above the capabilities. Naturally for that amount of difference you're going to have to sacrifice something.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Launching!

ok, I tell some people this story and I get the same reaction every time followed by an argument. in my old 98 c1500 w/ 5.7 no tune CAI and muffler i had just about a half needle width under a full tank. I drove to a college to talk about getting edgumahkated which was 210 miles one way. Wind behind me at cruise control of roughly 65-75 mph iirc the whole way which was highway and getting a wee lost plus 5 miles side trip to find food. finally get to the college fall in love with them bla bla bla free pen then on the way home doing the same speed on cruise. Now, one thing to add is I was uber novice with things automotive and bought tires. my salesmen sold me the smaller of the two sizes that came on that truck. a crappy 225/75/r15 and that was on the truck when i drove the round trip of like 430 miles. I got home with juuust about over half tank. the needle was closer to full not empty but just there. me and my buddy did number crunching and he didnt believe I was getting like 30+ mpg! i gave him the benefit of teh doubt and even said i burned 13 gallons (its 23 gal tank and just under full at start and just over half at end) but that still comes to 33 mpg. city im lucky to get 180 miles per half tank in that truck. but hey, things are possible. no one believes me. and to add to it, truck started of on a level street so the gas gauge wasnt off and parked the same spot at the end. that trucks gauge would easly move if theres an incline or something but there was no angle added to the stock truck stance. Driving my dads 97 c1500 and this 07 nnbs, i love how his truck has immediate response and no stupid delay. i want mah power NAO!!! will get tuned soon. just my .05 cents
Old 02-02-2012, 09:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Development
What he has to realize also is the performance gains behind a 6.0. Be it LQ9 or LQ4. Compared to the 5.3, its miles above the capabilities. Naturally for that amount of difference you're going to have to sacrifice something.
So what you're saying is larger displacement can make more power?
Old 02-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Teching In

I get 18 fairly consistently drive 60-65 mph highway with lots of little towns to slow down for. CAI, no cats and a magnaflow cat back. 2 lane highway so a lot of times I take it up to 80 mph to pass people, I could see 20mpg being very attainable

Quick Reply: In seek of better mileage..