Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schoenfeld Header question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 06:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schoenfeld Header question

So I have a 77 K20 I'm building with a 5.3 from a 2004 Suburban. I'm running Schoenfeld Headers 1302LS1 as they're the only ones that don't rub on the leaf spring brackets. The passenger side collector is pointing upward a bit (you can see in both pictures below). I presume this is to clear the front driveshaft. My question is, when deciding on an exhaust, are you guys buying generic kits and piecing together your exhaust or are you buying kits for the vehicle the engine came from? I'm not looking to do anything complicated, just an H-pipe exhaust and it won't even make it past the axle but this collector pointing upward is throwing me off.

I'm also wondering if I'll have clearance issues with the floor of the cab because of it but I'll have that answer soon enough. Thanks in advance for your help.

Name:  IMG_7695_zpsuhzgaxeb.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  157.4 KB

Name:  IMG_8991_zpstejesvvi.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  133.5 KB
Old 02-25-2017, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got some for my build, and the passenger side collector does the same thing. I was assuming it is to clear the transmission cross member.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think your best bet would be to have an exhaust shop do it how you want it. If that isnt an option you couldnt always use a catback exhaust for your specific model and piece together your crossover