Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix installed, P0507 code

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 10:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex
This is a direct symptom of an intake leak. The slow falling rpms are the pcm using the IAC tables to attempt to get the idle speed under control. Unless those tables were drasticall changed from stock (which I highly doubt), then its a physical problem.

I bet it wants to drive itself down the road, like constant cruise control. If its bad enough, it will take off on its own, build up mph and shift gears like you have a the throttle lightly pressed down.
it has just about all those symptoms

I would be really suprized if it was the intake gaskets, because we were so careful putting it down. It will be a huge pain to fix if it is actually one of those gaskets. Perhaps the intake manifold bolts aren't torqued down enough.....

I'll take of the throttle body to make sure thats not the problem as well.

I'm wondering if its the PCV hose going from a barb on the back of the blower to the drivers side head....the fitting at the head seems very loose....
Old 08-01-2004, 11:06 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Hey 03GMC, glad you got the Radix installed, it's an awesome kit!! Have fun with it.

I don't mind at all sending another tune, whatever helps out, but like it was mentioned, it really sounds like a leak, false air, etc.
It's easy to get a leak when installing one of those, the pcm is trying to compensate for it and raising idle, so yes the pcm is causing the high idle, however it's correcting for something.
I've seen this one before and it's alway been an air leak. It's possible it's the pcm, so I won't overlook that.
At idle, the truck requires no changes to the pcm in order to run. Just scaling the injectors so that it won't dump tons of fuel with those 42lb injectors.

Let me know what you find, and give me a shout on monday and we'll troubleshoot it.

later,

allen
Old 08-01-2004, 11:11 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks Allen, I've sent you an email about needing a PCM but it really does sound like a leak for sure. I'll troubleshoot tomarrow and probably wont be needing a new tune after all. Thanks for the support

Does anyone know if there is supposed to be an O-ring on the PCV tube fitting that comes off the back of the driver's side head?
Old 08-02-2004, 01:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Check the MAP sensor, boost gauge if you used one. There is a couple of holes in the back behind the blower that could suck in air. The bolt holes on the top for the throttle cables on earlier trucks go all the way through, I htink it's only the one in the middle of the tube that goes all the way through though. Check the vacuum hoses on the back of it as well.

If all that checls out, you might get some carb cleaner or WD-40 and spray around trying to find a leak. Be careful with the carb cleaner cause it's super flammable.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:00 PM
12 Second Club

BigTex is the man.

Throttle body gasket was on backwards. It was one of those last-step kind of things where I just slapped it on there and bolted it up. And there was some whistling coming from the edge of it which at first I thought was just the blower whistling

But its sort of a good thing, in that the manifold bolts needed a bit more tightening anyways, and I would have probably overlooked it if I wasnt checking for leaks

It idles and drives PERFECT now. I dont want to speak too soon, but on the ~10 mile test drive it was shifting and performing exactly as I expected.

Allen is also the man.

I have yet to hook up the Predator's data monitoring but I can't hear any detonation or anything weird, and the idle, performance, and shifts are exactly how I wanted.

Thanks alot for all the help
Old 08-02-2004, 06:04 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by O3GMC
BigTex is the man.
Glad I could be of some help.

Originally Posted by O3GMC
Allen is also the man.
Yeah, but I was the man first.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:19 PM
12 Second Club

I forgot, Tony Avina is also the man, as well as the guys at Magnacharger, and ummm.....oh yeah, me for installing it....
Old 08-02-2004, 07:38 PM
14 Second Truck Club

glad you had good luck.. still workin on my problem with it though...
Old 08-02-2004, 07:38 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

what are you waiting for? an invitation? go get that thing dyno'd!

how about some driving impressions, 0-60
Old 08-02-2004, 08:00 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're right; you are the man for spending your $$$ to build a very nice truck.

Quick Reply: Radix installed, P0507 code