Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official NBS V6 to GENIII V8 swap Guide

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No crank sensor signal

So added power to my ecm fuses and got it to crank over as it should. BUT reason for no spark is my crank sensor not getting signal.

Any chance there’s a correlation between a check engine light power source to the crank sensor?
No check engine light, light showing.
Any wiring diagrams would be amazing.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Default Fuel lines

Hey guys I read through the thread and didnt get a solid answer to how to make the fuel system work I'm trying to go the minimalist route in my swap 2003 scsb with a 4.3 (runs good just so damn gutless) to a 03 5.3 (purchased a crashed suburban) . The 4.3 is returnless and the 5.3 is a return system any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:46 AM
100% Redneck

Received 1,331 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuy05
Hey guys I read through the thread and didnt get a solid answer to how to make the fuel system work I'm trying to go the minimalist route in my swap 2003 scsb with a 4.3 (runs good just so damn gutless) to a 03 5.3 (purchased a crashed suburban) . The 4.3 is returnless and the 5.3 is a return system any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
You'll need a non return fuel rail (drivers side) and the AN fittings and braided line for the supply only, that are posted in this thread.

You'll need the larger of the two lines (top).
You can see I chose to use "quick disconnect" fittings on the fuel lines
so I did not need to cut the hard lines like the original post in this thread.

Official  NBS V6 to GENIII V8 swap Guide-3alc8m0.jpg

If you look closely you can see the return type fuel rail on the left (two fuel lines) and the non return rail on the right with a single supply line. The non return fuel rail doesn't have the fuel regulator on the rail. The fuel regulator is on the fuel pump on your system... so no worries about the regulator.

Official  NBS V6 to GENIII V8 swap Guide-ylwtkwy.jpg

Last edited by RedXray; 08-05-2019 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:25 PM
Teching In

So your telling me that I can keep my stock 4.3 pump to feed the 5.3 ? Also what size of a AN fitting is it that connects to the existing hard line and to the returnless fuel rail?
Old 08-05-2019, 08:28 PM

Default Fuel

So your telling me that I can keep my stock 4.3 pump to feed the 5.3 ? Also what size of a AN fitting is it that connects to the existing hard line and to the returnless fuel rail?
i got a fuel rail off a 05 Yukon I believe, and it fit my fuel set up. Just messed with the driver side fuel rail. New o rings too. One coming from the rail, and one for evap.
Stock Fuel pump works with the 5.3
Old 08-05-2019, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Could you snap a pic of it. Of it's not too much trouble.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:45 PM

Tge truck isn’t done yet so nothing is connected besides the fuel lines.
Could you snap a pic of it. Of it's not too much trouble.

1 physical line and evap line. When I took out the engine I heated up the lines with a heat gun and bent them close to the firewall. Kinda a temp fix till I make sure it’s running. Will run AN lines later. Need my harness installed. But yeah, easy swap. 05 Yukon drive by wire set up. Same fuel delivery. No regulator needed from what I saw on that Yukon.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:51 AM
100% Redneck

Yes the V6 and V8 fuel pumps are the same.

Here is what you need to connect to the fuel rail hard line... to the existing fuel line on the firewall.

Quick Connect

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015ORLDNG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015ORLDNG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Earl's 3/8 hard line tubing adapter

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Earls-16500...72.m2749.l2649

Russell -6AN 12" Nitrous Line

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Russell-658...72.m2749.l2649
Old 08-07-2019, 03:47 PM
Teching In

I just checked out my 4.3 and I have two hardlines coming from the firewall. I know one is the fed obviously but will the other be a return ? If so I'd just buy the adapters and line to hook up my return system to the existing lines and that should do it right ?
Old 08-09-2019, 12:32 PM
100% Redneck

I just checked out my 4.3 and I have two hardlines coming from the firewall. I know one is the fed obviously but will the other be a return ? If so I'd just buy the adapters and line to hook up my return system to the existing lines and that should do it right ?
Correct... the feed hardline is 3/8 and the return is 5/16.

The hard part is guessing where to cut the hardlines at the firewall. There are two bends in the hardlines so you'll either have to cut above or below the bends. Above the bend may make the braided lines push up to high. I cut below the bends but this leaves little room for error and the braided lines may come up short. In my case the return barely reached the fuel rail.

I set the engine in just for a test fit to see where the braided fuel lines would set in relation to the hardlines on the firewall, marked the hardlines then pulled the engine back out. (this was easy because I had the core support removed).

Since I already did the "legwork" you can use my photo as a template to estimate where you need to cut.

In the photos the braided lines are laying approximate to where the cuts should be done. If I were to do this again I'd probably cut above the bends then shove the access down instead of trying to pull the lines up to correct the minor length adjustment. Just remember the hardline adapters will not work directly on the bends.

Core support removed allowing easy access, cleaning, painting, line cutting and easy engine/trans install (not necessary just showing my process)

The "S" looking tube (bungee string) is the evap line. The other two are the cut fuel supply & return.

Official  NBS V6 to GENIII V8 swap Guide-tvz7hgq.jpg

Lines hanging approximately in area of the uncut hardlines

Official  NBS V6 to GENIII V8 swap Guide-wiohto7.jpg

Official  NBS V6 to GENIII V8 swap Guide-7k4in4c.jpg

Quick Reply: Official NBS V6 to GENIII V8 swap Guide