Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

New VaraRam King Cobra inductions will be shipping next week!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New VaraRam King Cobra inductions will be shipping next week!

The redesigned VaraRam King Cobra inductions are on the way to us now so they will start shipping next week. The changes include -

The main duct has had 1inch added to its length where it meets the core support.
The neck of the main duct it now being cut back an extra ¼ inch
The hose that couples the main duct and the air box is now 1inch tall rather than the old 1 ½ inch

Here are the most significant changes of all to the system -

They have implemented an all new air flow technology to the kit that I have been working on for nearly 2yrs, theycall it cross ram.

The main box now has 2 staggered entrances one pointing down the other pointing up sitting in an offset location much like a turbocharger for the ram air system.

With booth of our entrances at just over 102% efficiency they have been able to use the ram air to force a stronger and more efficient venture effect to occur raising the velocities at the maf by another 10%. Use of this technology also helps saturate the air filter completely allowing the engine to pull from the entire filter area rather than slowly working the engines pulling force around the filter. This reduces the amount of work that the engine must do to pull in air and has resulted in a boost in low end torque and throttle response. This design does not start to depressurize until around 118mph.

VaraRam has also switched from the 4 barreled filters to a 10 barrel to increase the plenum volume of the unit, again boosting low end and giving 1 filter the capacity to supply every size engine available. (The 4 barrel production filter was not feeding the 5.3 and 6.0’s properly).

The gains and upgrades are so significant that there was no way they wanted anyone to have anything other than the best that could be offered. That is why VR wanted a recall. The new system is considered their second generation version.

Orders can be placed online or by calling 1-877-482-9763.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you have a picture of one installed on a truck? I am debating on which air intake to pick up for my Denali, I want to make sure I make the right choice. How much is it selling for?
Old 10-08-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

The first pic shows the non- ram air version and the other is the full system installed on my 8.1 Silverado HD -

Old 10-08-2004, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

do they make a kit for the 4.2L trailblazer?
Old 10-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

will it fit 2003 silverados and how much will it cost me for the ram air
Old 10-08-2004, 02:43 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm not all to impressed. I'm sure the quality is great, but how long will that foam last at 250+ degrees, mud, water, and even some ice. Once the foam rots off in a few months there will be nothing but hot air ram from the top of the engine compartment.

Sorry to be skepticle, i'm just not sure about the total design. On the flip side i do like the regular one. Run some 4" PVC and make it ram air from under the bumper, or the grill.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
I'm not all to impressed. I'm sure the quality is great, but how long will that foam last at 250+ degrees, mud, water, and even some ice. Once the foam rots off in a few months there will be nothing but hot air ram from the top of the engine compartment.

Sorry to be skepticle, i'm just not sure about the total design. On the flip side i do like the regular one. Run some 4" PVC and make it ram air from under the bumper, or the grill.

Good point on the foam. How durable is this and is it easily replaceable?
Old 10-08-2004, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'll check to see if this will fit the 4.2.

The filter is made from an industrial grade, fire resistant foam so I don't think it will be going anywhere.

Pricing is -

VR5B 1999+ 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 and 8.1 King Cobra induction $239.99
VR-6 1999+ 4.8, 5.3 6.0 and 8.1 King Cobra ram air induction (full system) $339.99
VR-7 1999+ 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 and 8.1 King Cobra upgrade - converts standard system to ram air
$99.99
Old 10-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Default Photos?

Tbyrne..or anyone

Are the photos from the new improved set up?

"..The main box now has 2 staggered entrances one pointing down the other pointing up sitting in an offset location much like a turbocharger for the ram air system.."

My apologies, but I'm trying to picture this in my mind..

If I just purchase the air box first...will there now be a inlet drawing in hot engine heat, along with the air inlet that points down?

The ram air can still be added later?

Sorry for my confusion.

raisin
Old 10-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

Default foam..

[QUOTE=tbyrne]I'll check to see if this will fit the 4.2.

The filter is made from an industrial grade, fire resistant foam so I don't think it will be going anywhere.

I think the question was referring to the foam on the edges of the ram air inlet that seals against the hood.

As far as it holding up to moisture, heat and cold and salt and ice...

..time will tell.

raisin

Quick Reply: New VaraRam King Cobra inductions will be shipping next week!