Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW! exhaust ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question NEW! exhaust ideas?

well ive been running with the GIBSON super truck exhaust for a few months, but i'm about to buy a house in a really quiet area , and i dont want to wake up the neighbors. so i bought a new 22' long magnaflow to quite down the truck. i was thinking of just running a turndown before the axle, but was wondering if a use more pipe will it reduce more noise? any ideas?? will post videos of how truck sounds now.

current setup: pacesetter LTs and 3' Y pipe, no cats Gibson super truck exit in front of rear wheel.
GIBSON super truck exhaust will go on sale after removal if anybody wants it. sounds good
Old 08-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lived in a quiet neighborhood, even with stock exhaust on my Escalade it was loud enough that I got complaints.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

going over the axle will further help quiet it down. if you do this, i recommend going with mandrel bend tailpipe. you should be okay. it is usually intentionally revving the motor that will annoy neighbors.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah run that all the way back I have dump on my truck thought I was so cool first no its loud and annoying
Old 08-16-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Attached Thumbnails NEW! exhaust ideas?-loud-pipes.jpg  
Old 08-17-2011, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OneBadRR
I lived in a quiet neighborhood, even with stock exhaust on my Escalade it was loud enough that I got complaints.
seriously?? i would be like, "wtf do u want me to do......"??? Or were u like revving it up or something as u came home/left....
Old 08-17-2011, 02:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by OneBadRR
wow...id hate to know what my neighbors think of me rolling in at 2am with lts, no cats, corsa sport with the cam and blower. im surprised no one has said anything to me yet

but to the OP, i had that exact setup before the corsa, LTs, no cats and a 22" magnaflow and it was fairly quiet. and yes, running a tail pipe will help with both inside and outside noise, but i wouldnt run a tip, just dump it under the bed as close to the bumper as possible.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Import Moderator

I am kinda looking for a solution to this myself... I plan to run the LPP with their Y on my LQ4 when I put it in.. but I live in a housing plan and frankly I am tired of loud *** exhausts anyways. I thought about throwing in a high flow cat right after the LPP y and then a 22" magnaflow and taking it over the axle.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the biggest magnaflow they offer in; 3in center center. It is quiet! I have also ran the tail pipe all the way out the back turned down at the bumper. Search and u will find other threads of this subject. Magnaflow FTW
Old 08-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by WhiteChevy3
I have the biggest magnaflow they offer in; 3in center center. It is quiet! I have also ran the tail pipe all the way out the back turned down at the bumper. Search and u will find other threads of this subject. Magnaflow FTW
Are you running LTs or stock manifolds?

Quick Reply: NEW! exhaust ideas?