Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson Tune Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I highly recommend it! I love mine!
Old 05-09-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Arreguy01
i have a 4.8 ex cab and the best i ran was 16.49. What do you think it should do with the tune? I have a K&N FIPK, flowmaster, and 160 thermostat. I would really like to hit 15's but i guess i'll see what happens.
I agree with rosscob. I want to say my Nelson tune was my best bang for the buck yet. It was amazing to feel the difference as he tuned my truck in person.
All the guys that post about his mail order tunes seem to be very impressed as well. If you had the time to set an appointment with him in person, then go for it. The 5 hr drive would be worth your time.
Though if you want to save yourself $50-$75 dollars in gas, then just mail order it. I know gas is high these days, and to save $50+ is understandable.
Get the Nelson tune, you'll be impressed which ever route you take with it.

Jim
Old 05-10-2005, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yep its a good tune but dont expect any help after that...I have one and i can never get a hold of him for a retune. I finally get one and it turns out to be a bad PCM and now he wont answer his phone nor return my messages. Oh did I mention he wont return my emails either!! good luck
Old 05-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Teching In

I have been using a Nelson tune for at least two years and during that time I have continually modified my truck and have needed 3 new tunes. He has always come through and even taking into account of me having to deal with customs, courier brokerage fees or waiting on the postal service... I HAVE NOTHING BUT PRAISE TO OFFER UP!

Get a Nelson Tune!
Old 05-12-2005, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the help. I just filled out the custom tune form so i should get it some time next week hopefully. I'll let yall know how she did.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the help. I just filled out the custom tune form so i should get it some time next week hopefully. I'll let yall know how she did.
"She" might run the show , but Nelson is definitely a "he"! He is a lone soldier in the mail order business of tuning and does get swamped. However, he is the best bang for your buck. He doesn't keep costing you for retunes and/or advice. F-ing great guy. Just a tad overworked.

Originally Posted by 01Blackerado
Yep its a good tune but dont expect any help after that...I have one and i can never get a hold of him for a retune. I finally get one and it turns out to be a bad PCM and now he wont answer his phone nor return my messages. Oh did I mention he wont return my emails either!! good luck
Again, he does miss you sometimes in his 100 to 200 emails and 50 voicemail messages a day. Just keep trying, (don't forget he is addicted like the rest of us, he is under a truck alot of times as well). You'll be fine, just call him a couple of times to confirm he got your order. Can't hurt right?! Imagine what his in box will look like when he finally takes a vacation from all of us tune-handicapped, truck moddin' performance addicted freaks!?
Old 05-12-2005, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

any idea how much time it will take off the 1/4?
Old 05-12-2005, 01:11 PM
FormerVendor

any idea how much time it will take off the 1/4?
Expect to see about .3-.4 off your 1/4 times, my nelson tune knocked off about .6 for me. You definitely won't regret having Allen tune it.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just talked to Allen on the phone he is busy but did say he is caught up on e-mails and on phone calls He seems very knowledgable and I expect a great tune from him as well.
Dave
Old 05-12-2005, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

Where exactly is the "CORE" located at? Is it a pretty easy installation?

Quick Reply: Nelson Tune Questions